The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
drop some science
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised I've taken some shots of the interior and how I feel about it. After just seeing the new 6 interior I kind of feel bad doing this, but here we go...

Gas Tank Release:

Exacto Knife, enough said. I think they should have spent the extra time engineering it right next to the...

Trunk Release:

which is placed in the drivers door.

Steering Column:

I REALY like the wheel on this car. Notice the audio controls & trip computer on the left. Cruise controls are on the right. Even the little stubby lights and washers seem to fit well.

Storage Space: underneath the stereo - deep & large

Center Console: As you can see I like the boot on the shifter. However look at the cheap guard around the parking break and the weird cupholder with lid?

Roof Console: Sunglass Holder, nice, however same EXACT sunroof internface as my roommates 1998 I30, weak.

Rear seats: Very comfortable, the sound system doesn't sound too hot from back here. 1 major complaint. Child restraint stickers not removable?!?!?! Is that a federal regulation? I don't have any kids ;)

That's it for now, what's your opinion?

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
dude, that just reminded me, my bott is coming off at the seem and those bastards at my nissan dealer won't help much they had it on back order for the last month and I called nissan hq and they were supposed to call back today, they didn't yet. I like the interrior just that it's cheasy looking and they didn't take enough time to look everything over but nissan hq said they will be fixing it on the 2002 production line models which means the fixed ones will be out sometime in 2002 not 2001.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,701 Posts
Thank you, very nicely done ! You know what ?, after so much shyt said about the interior...f*ck that, I like it more and more everyday. I'm jealous ... :( I've gotta wait 'til next year to get mine... :(

·
6,859 Posts
one thing I noticed about the back seat of the 2.5 SL was that there wasn't much padding in the back seat.

Also on another note, if you compare the area under the stereo to the first gen you have a lot more space then us. Your cupholders are positioned a lot better than ours. we don't even have sunglass holders. I'd probably take anything over our interior.

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
Great pics!

I would really like to see an interior with brushed aluminum trim added from one of the aftermarket places listed in one of the other posts.I know the original show car had the trim.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/NissanAltima/Index.htm

Also I was reading on the how to part, that they ask you to wipe down the areas with laquer thinner. The surfaces to be covered are painted with a faux titinium finish paint.
Wont this dissolve all the paint and make a huge mess?

Has anyone ever added a trim kit to any car?

Is it hard to do?

It looks like you could really **** up your interior if you botched it.

·
drop some science
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could somebody point me to that post containing the aftermarket brushed metal kit? Couldn't get it in a search.

Also, I'm new to modding interiors of a car, any tips or reccomendations from the experts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
rossi1200s said:
Could somebody point me to that post containing the aftermarket brushed metal kit? Couldn't get it in a search.

Also, I'm new to modding interiors of a car, any tips or reccomendations from the experts would be appreciated.
Autodash.com caries 2 brands for the 02 Altima.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rossi1200s said:

www.woodtrim.com carries them

·
drop some science
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help on this, anyone ever try to intsall a real aluminum dash kit ;)?

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
I was wondering about the real aluminum kit too but I'm scared I might screw it all up and some of it may fall off in hot weather I want details on the real aluminum it anyone has any. the real aluminum seems like it would go great with the car though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts