The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.carzonemotorsport.com
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone currently I have the brown and tan interior in my 2nd gen Altima and I really want to do a whole new interior job on it.....I am more then likely going to do the silver and black leather seats and door inserts, but my question is where can I get the rest......dash board, door trims, panels, etc......Did any Altima in 98 come with a black interior choice...if so where can I find all these pieces at a good price....

Thanks

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Plenty of junkyards out South I-35 Edgar...and I have the gray and black interior and thought there were only two color patterns with the 2gen Altimas.
:)

·
www.carzonemotorsport.com
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can I paint the pieces that are already on there......is there any style paint that will stick to that stock panel plastic crap without cracking...I have check Killah but no one has a freakin 98 Altima...I'll check again though.....

Thanks

·
OG member
2,449 Posts
if you want to know the best way to paint it, clean the surface up good (i know this works for trim peices w/o clear coat. not sure about peices that are glossy from the factory) start by NOT sanding. clean the surface up real nice, and right before you paint, cover the surface with some enamel thinner and spray the paint on. make sure you get it on there pretty good. you will use thicker coats than normal, and usually, even if you get small runs, they don't show up when dried. I used enamel thinner that's used to clean paintbrushes. it makes the paint soak into the plastic so it doesn't chip (couldn't get it to chip at all!). do not prime or sand. if needed, repeat the process once, but try to do it in one fell swoop

·
Camel Powered...
2,811 Posts
i did my whole interior black, dash to seats. I just used those 3.99 cans of interior paint from pep boys. You must prep everything first tho. The cloth(seats, carpet, ect..) just use the cloth dye from autozone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts