The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Frosty B15
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was randomly stumbling through various exhaust parts online and found that OBX has made headers for the 3.5 model, and a link on ebay. I'm already installing the Stillen Cat Back and a Racing Line Y-Pipe and thought, well why not install the headers. Anybody look into these or have them installed? I'm just excited to open up my VQ to unleash some of its power which is unfortunately plagued by the CVT, even if it means voiding my warranty.:nerd

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
the install will be a HUGE HUGE endeavor. I did a header install on my 2007, and its not something that you will want to do yourself unless you have the tools needed, and access to a lift, and a lot of patience

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be careful that link from "Fleabay" does not represent anything sold by OBX website...they only make headers for the Altima up to 2006...that may be for a Maxima. Believe me, I just scrolled through approx. 20 pages of headers on OBX website and there is nothing made by them for the 2007-2016+ Altima....don't fall victim to another eBay idiot seller not knowing what they are selling.

Yeah, and the last thing you want to do is to try to install a header that isn't even made for our cars and the fitment nightmares it may cause. I have done plenty of FWD header installs to know that you don't want the downpipe hitting a sway bar or something like that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts