The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... last week I thought my 2007 Nissan Altima (2.5 liter) took a crap with the immobilizer... so I took it to a dealership to get it reprogrammed.
dealership told me my IPDM just stopped working. They said it was going to cost me $800+ to fix it.
Is there a more cost effective way to fix this issue? Am I being scammed?

·
Registered
309 Posts
So... last week I thought my 2007 Nissan Altima (2.5 liter) took a crap with the immobilizer... so I took it to a dealership to get it reprogrammed.
dealership told me my IPDM just stopped working. They said it was going to cost me $800+ to fix it.
Is there a more cost effective way to fix this issue? Am I being scammed?
You can test the IPDM like this: Turn the ignition key to the on position, press your door switch 10 times, turn the ignition off then turn it back to the on position. If you do this right your horn will beep and the oil light will start flashing. The defroster ,headlights,cooling fans,wipers,and compressor clutch will cycle, so make sure that your hood is open so you can here the clicks of the compressor clutch. This is called the auto active test and this tests the main relays in the IPDM.

If the test checks out OK and the car is running OK, then maybe you're getting scammed by the Stealership. However if the IPDM is indeed bad, you can buy one from Ebay for around $80 and get it programmed at some Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can test the IPDM like this: Turn the ignition key to the on position, press your door switch 10 times, turn the ignition off then turn it back to the on position. If you do this right your horn will beep and the oil light will start flashing. The defroster ,headlights,cooling fans,wipers,and compressor clutch will cycle, so make sure that your hood is open so you can here the clicks of the compressor clutch. This is called the auto active test and this tests the main relays in the IPDM.

If the test checks out OK and the car is running OK, then maybe you're getting scammed by the Stealership. However if the IPDM is indeed bad, you can buy one from Ebay for around $80 and get it programmed at some Nissan dealer.
I ordered a new IPDM online... put it in. They say it’s not the IPDM it’s the ICM and that part is $1000+ and I’m ass out the $800 I’ve already spent on their service... tell me now I’m not being scammed by the STEALERSHIP!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I ordered a new IPDM online... put it in. They say it’s not the IPDM it’s the ICM and that part is $1000+ and I’m ass out the $800 I’ve already spent on their service... tell me now I’m not being scammed by the STEALERSHIP!
Now the Stealership is really in scam mode! An ICM does not exist in altimas 2002 - present which now use the ECU for firing each coil pack. The ICM was used on older cars to fire each spark plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts