The Nissan Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well look through MTC in the service manual and that has some trouble shoot steps. You have a multimeter? I'm going check some wire colors and let you know which wires to trace. Was the A/C working before you replaced the BCM?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oh yea i can give you a excuse to come out here. This Saturday their having a maxima/altima meet at lewisville lake so if your interested come out

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well look through MTC in the service manual and that has some trouble shoot steps. You have a multimeter? I'm going check some wire colors and let you know which wires to trace. Was the A/C working before you replaced the BCM?
Nah, it wasn't. Car was in a wreck (no I wasn't driving :p) and I guess that's what led to all this (even if I'm still a bit skeptical about the body shop guys). But as usual any info would be helpful.

Oh yea i can give you a excuse to come out here. This Saturday their having a maxima/altima meet at lewisville lake so if your interested come out
Tempting, but I'm taking it in tomorrow (again) hopefully they get it figured out this time... Probably not this weekend but I'll definitely head out there within the next month, got fam in GP too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
anyways, 2 months later just to give this some closure, turns out the dealer who replaced the BCM initially installed a wrong one (Nissan Versa 2007... wtf???)
Got it all replaced and sorted out now tho, thankfully... so I guess the lesson is be sure those fools don't rip you off. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a way to test the IPDM: Turn the ignition key to the on position, press your door switch 10 times, turn the ignition off then turn it back to the on position. If you do this right your horn will beep and the oil light will start flashing. The defroster ,headlights,cooling fans,wipers,and compressor clutch will cycle, so make sure that your hood is open so you can here the clicks of the compressor clutch. This is called the auto active test and this tests the main relays in the IPDM. If the compressor clutch clicks then its NOT the IPDM. Then i would suggest do what Jim said and test your pressure switch.
The test wouldn't work on my 2005 Murano. I'm assuming that the door switch is the lock switch, because there are no other switches that I can see.
My clutch is good, and the wiring from the IPDM to the clutch is good, the fuse is also good. Only thing left is the AC relay, which seems to be located inside of the IPDM. How does one open the IPDM so the relay can be tested and repaired?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just saw this. I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue with 35000 miles. My driver side tail light is out. Turn signal and brake light work fine. Bulb changed and that wasn't it. Took it into my mechanic and he said power going into the IPDM but no power coming out. He also said the trailer hitch harness is on the same side. (we have never towed and don't plan to so I asked him to disconnect the hitch). He called the Nissan dealer and they said they have the parts in stock but they won't release the code to rewrite the new box once installed so my mechanic said I need to go to the dealer to have this replaced. I don't like to use the dealer as I always feel they are overcharging for their services. Any other ideas?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
Is the passenger side still working? If so, the IPDM isn't the problem. Most likely the wiring for the trailer light module has caused problems with the factory wiring going to the driver tail light. I would start where the module 'quick connects' into the oem harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the passenger side still working? If so, the IPDM isn't the problem. Most likely the wiring for the trailer light module has caused problems with the factory wiring going to the driver tail light. I would start where the module 'quick connects' into the oem harness.

Thank you. We will give that a shot. Hopefully that corrects it. Thank you

21 - 28 of 28 Posts