The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
My car is getting close to 90,000 miles and i was getting worried about forking over 4 big ones for the 90,000 mile service.:angry2:

Is the 90,000 service necessary for our altimas?

i drive a 1998 altima gxe. Is there any certain service necessary that i could just do myself? or not pay so much at the stealers?:mad:

If the 90,000 mile service is important, what are the most important things that need to be done? :confused:

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it, but you can always change oil, plugs , filters, etc....hey mine is a 96 with alot of miles and its working fine

·
New Transaxle JBWelded!
1,025 Posts
I'd do it. and, this would be a good time to change your transaxle fluid. I'd change it even if it looks ok, as cheap insurance. Of course, I'm replacing a transaxle right now, so I'm biased :)

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mean they change your transmission fluid? that type of stuff really doesnt seem to be too important. all of the other repairs i can do. coolant, fuel filter, pcv. whats so important?

·
New Transaxle JBWelded!
1,025 Posts
if you can do all of the repairs yourself, great. I'd still change the transaxle fluid, at least check the condition and level.

check the nissan service schedule for the list of all of the things you will have to do, and pick out the ones you can do yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts