The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a local shop in my area called maximum tuning and they are charging $900 dollars to do the auto to manual swap i'm gonna find a tranny to put in....what tranny should i look for and do the different trim levels have different gear ratios???? my friend told me to get a SE-R tranny from a 93 sentra but i dont see the reason why because i thought all the trim levels used the same tranny. and why get a SE-R tranny if i can get the alty SE tranny can someone drop some nissan knowledge on me?? going from honda to nissan is a big step:D sorta like going from a bicycle to a motorcycle

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
ur so lucky u live right by maximum tuning.... 900 is pretty cheap actually but thats jus labor, in the end it will probaly be like 3300 or so cause they gotta get the parts, fabricate things, etc... as for the tranny id jus get a 00-01 SE tranny if u can, lower gear ratios, i have no clue about sentra trannys but if u could fit a se-r tranny in there and its better that the alty se than go for it

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you go with there whole set up..its pretty expensive just for the fact that the trannies they use to install are used trannies. So just get your own if you can. and yes. have them install it for you. But make sure you have everysingle part you need. If you dont. then you need a $1,800 down payment for them to get parts. Then the install is $900 not inculding if you want a lightened flywheel and LSD and new clutch. So think about it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If it were up to me , I would just Bullet proof the auto and do a VB and TC for the same price and your auto tranny would be 3 times better than the 5 spd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts