The Nissan Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ok, your going to have to prove they did it. If you want to be shady, just have a co-worker be a "witness" and say that they saw it happen. They might just pay it out of pocket. If they don't, they'll turn it into their GL carrier for coverage. Again, you'll have to have your "witness" tell the insurance company that they saw it happen.

·
Registered
976 Posts
chrisschnider said:
A landscaping company came and cut the grass/edged/etc at work yesterday. Instead of coming in the building and asking us to move our cars they just worked around them.

My car is the only one damaged. There are about 5 paint chips spread out over about the size of a quarter. Its a brand new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have not even had for a month yet.

I've got people telling me "scratches happen there isn't anything you can do about it" and othe things like that.

Do you think the landscaper should be liable for this damage? It is a real company and not just a guy in a truck that does it on the side. They have a couple of crews and are legit. I'm guessing it would cost a couple hundred dollars since they would probably have to repaint the whole door.
Yes, thats waht they have insurance for, all of them should have it, and no legit business doesn't have one. I would contact them.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Did you take pics of the damage? If not you should and you should park in the exact same spot and take pics there, also. The fact of WHERE the damage on the car is will give you quite an advantage; if you're parked right next to the edge of a grassway then the pics will clearly show HOW the chips got there once you can get them to admit they were there that day, etc.

The fact that the truck is less than a month old will help you in showing that chances are they weren't there before. Didn't you take pics of the car right when you bought it, like everyone else does when they buy a new car? ;)

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
are they a reputable landscaping company? they may have insurance.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
I feal bad, because alot of those guys do work hard at their job when doing it.

My advice would be to follow the insurance route, and not park near the grass next time.

·
Registered
774 Posts
chrisschnider said:
A landscaping company came and cut the grass/edged/etc at work yesterday. Instead of coming in the building and asking us to move our cars they just worked around them.

My car is the only one damaged. There are about 5 paint chips spread out over about the size of a quarter. Its a brand new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have not even had for a month yet.

I've got people telling me "scratches happen there isn't anything you can do about it" and othe things like that.

Do you think the landscaper should be liable for this damage? It is a real company and not just a guy in a truck that does it on the side. They have a couple of crews and are legit. I'm guessing it would cost a couple hundred dollars since they would probably have to repaint the whole door.

They aren't going to be liable. I assume that your company rents the property like most companies. You'd have to take up compensation with your company since the landlord typically is going to have some kind of liability waiver. Since you're an employee of the company that signed the waiver you're normally out of luck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts