The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was on a highway yesterday and a Black 3.5SE overtook me and the car was awesome.

I will buy an 03 3.5SE in couple of months and my color up till now is Sheer Silver but ia have a crush for the Black one but in my opinion, i think the black color is the worst for these reasons:

- As soon you wash the car, the car will not appear clean and shinny for a long time. This means that you have to wash yuour car more often and this is bad for the paint.
- Every defect on the paint can easily be seen. Take for example the chips on the hood. It will be a lot easier to see the little white holes (primer) that another color.
- The car will be more hot because the Black color absorb all the sun light.

Any thougths ?

Thanks

Slam.

·
*Donating Member* Member
877 Posts
I like black cars, when they are clean. I have owned three different black cars in the past. Black on the Metro I used to have almost made it look cool even. But, I doubt I will ever have another black car. They are just too hard to keep clean. And the other two reasons you listed are just as valid.

The silver has been easy to keep clean, and looks ALMOST as good as the black. (My 2 cents anyway.)

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
Your thoughts are correct and there are alot of people on this board(including me) who would have liked a black one but didn't get one because of the upkeep. Silver is the easiest, and white.

·
Acid Junkie
211 Posts
I have the Black 02 Alty and that MF is a pain to keep clean...It looks better than any other color IMHO when it is detailed and washed but doing it every day is becoming a chore....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same delimma. I love the black SE but any dark color will show every scratch, nick and dent....that's why I went with Sheer Silver. I have some nicks already but you can only see them UP CLOSE and you really have to be looking for them. If I had a black Altima you could see them a mile away.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I have a silver 2.5L but I love black too. I could have went either way really. I wash my car so much so silver might as well be black to me . Even though dings and dust isn't noticable to anyone else it is to me. No dings yet...just dust fairys.:p

·
Acid Junkie
211 Posts
Also,,,Since I got black (First black car) I have noticed that YOU MUST use very high quality car care products or YOU WILL see every single scratch, swirl mark, blemish or any other thing you can imagine....Im ready to go to freakin Italy and find some Merino wool wash clothes to clean this thing....AND DONT EVER go to a self server car wash..those stupid brushes *Bleeped* my paint up in one time.......never again, but I swear I get more looks when it is cleaned up that any other car....besides the fact Im blasting "Rollin-The Best of Drum and Bass #4" from my system.....LOL

·
IMO
893 Posts
Black looks best.I need to know of this extra upkeep everybody talks about.I do the same to any color car.If you use and do the right thing,you wont get swirl marks.Wash it once a week and use a quick detailer once a month and wax 2-3 times a year,thats it for any color.Might as well get the best looking,BLACK.

·
*Donating Member* Member
877 Posts
shokhead said:
Black looks best.I need to know of this extra upkeep everybody talks about.I do the same to any color car.If you use and do the right thing,you wont get swirl marks.Wash it once a week and use a quick detailer once a month and wax 2-3 times a year,thats it for any color.Might as well get the best looking,BLACK.
Well that right there is the rub. Many of us DO NOT have the time to wash and clean a car every week. Sometimes, I would be doing good to wash the cars I have once a month. So you are right. To you, there is not a big difference. But to some of us, a car that looks clean longer in between washings is a definate consideration.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Ive had 8 black cars and that's the only color I will EVER buy. I look at it this way; if it gets dirty, get it washed. Simple as that.

Black is just sexy and looks good on anything. Its worth the extra upkeep, imo.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
i have a black 3.5 and since its been raining so much here in miami it seems like my car is always clean. weird. but cool

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
I have to agree with the majority here. Black by far LOOKS the best I think but its hard on the upkeep. Black was my first choice for my Alty, but thought about the obvious and moved on to Silver. However, once I really looked at the POLISHED PEWTER I was sold and I have never been happier!!:D

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Kneesan said:
Ive had 8 black cars and that's the only color I will EVER buy. I look at it this way; if it gets dirty, get it washed. Simple as that.
That's great, except here in MD we're in the middle of a two year drought and it's illegal to wash your car, except at a wash center that recycles at least 1/2 their water. That would be pretty darn expensive if I had a black car I wanted to keep clean.

Next week even those will get shut down unless we get a hurricane in here before then. So basically, until we get some significant rain everyone will have dirty cars.

My silver looks clean washed or not :)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Mike, I like those Enkei's...now just throw some
springs on it!

Anyways, my SE-R is black and it's
hard to keep clean for the reasons
already mentioned. That's why I
choose the Satin White for my
Alty. Take a look below,
very clean, don't you agree?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Was it me???

Hey there Slam!

Wondering where you were travelling yesterday that you got passed by a 3.5 SE Black! I was burning home from cottage country yesterday along the 11, 400 and 401...at my speeds, it was possible that I did in fact pass a car or two (hahaha!)

Seriously though, my black 3.5SE is SO nice when it is clean. I have tinted the windows as well, and it looks sharp. I agree with the majority of the posters here when they say that black is the best colour for the first HOUR that it's clean.

It's all a trade-off, my friend!

Bonne chance!

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
SE-Rious said:
Mike, I like those Enkei's...now just throw some
springs on it!

Anyways, my SE-R is black and it's
hard to keep clean for the reasons
already mentioned. That's why I
choose the Satin White for my
Alty. Take a look below,
very clean, don't you agree?
thanks brother....that is defintely on my "to do" list.....oh and much love to your Alty as well, very clean indeed!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts