The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If yes, is there a place we can order it? Thx.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think it is self explanatory. They level themselves.

·
Registered
833 Posts
They use GPS to get the proper altitude and this gives the proper position to be level. This is most of the cost of the HID system. Thus reducing the amount of light shot into space.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Really not worth it, bmw has them and they are nice, but not worth the performance from them and no one makes them for the Altima.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Our IS300 has them, and I gotta tell you, that the firs time you see it happen in the dark when the lights are firing up, its pretty cool.

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
My 2000 Gs300 has them they are really neat as during decent or ascent the lights stay glue to the road and no to the sky. I wish our alti's had that. I have noticed the hids on the maxima or more focused down the center of the road but the my gs 300's light has a wider beam and a more whiter color. CHeck out these two links they have a lot of info. Like right now our lights only adjust up and down right in europe soon they will hav elights that will adjust left and right to folow second link to see the picutre of what i am talking about.

http://bambergvr6.50megs.com/hid_auto_leveling_system.htm

http://www.memagazine.org/backissues/june01/features/letlight/letlight.html

·
35 ALTIMATIC
519 Posts
taichi said:
If yes, is there a place we can order it? Thx.:)
They're not self-leveling. Only the low beam is HID.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Its not really a big deal, I drive up hill and my lights are still lighting up the floor in front of me, when on the freeway.....well lights are still lighting up the road.

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
just because u don't have them does not mean they are not any good. besides luxury car makers are not stupid to spend millions of dollars to research on them if they were completely useless.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
I know the Altimas HID's are not self leveling, not sure on the 02 Maxima's though.. I am pretty damn sure the 03 max's are self leveling.. and I am positive the Murano's are self-leveling..

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
Humanfly said:
just because u don't have them does not mean they are not any good. besides luxury car makers are not stupid to spend millions of dollars to research on them if they were completely useless.
Self-leveling HIDs are required in Europe, which is why most luxury (European) cars have them.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
Humanfly: umm...i DON'T WANT the stupid self-leveling HID's...they ARE useless where I live...no matter where you are they will still be pointing on the ground.....i don't really see the need for them. Also, I would not spend that kinda cash on them. I'd rather get some that are the kelvin rating that I want such as 7500k or 8000k instead of the boring ones that are stock. If they spent millions of dollars in research on them, then they are morons but I think we have already figured this out about Nissan:D

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
whatever. U guys are just pissed that u can't afford em. So say what u gotta say. That's ur opinion :embarasse

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
I dont think its affording them that matters, honestly if they were 50-100 I still dont think I would install them for the simple fact that my lights hit the floor when going uphill and downhill.

·
Registered
899 Posts
e-squared said:
They use GPS to get the proper altitude and this gives the proper position to be level. This is most of the cost of the HID system. Thus reducing the amount of light shot into space.
e-squared, I hope you're kidding.................

taichi, if you want blueish lights with a 7500 or 8000K, then go aftermarket. If you want the brightest, white lights, then the factory's are actually excellent. I love mine. Doing a search will teach you some good info on aftermarket HID's, light colors vs brightness, etc. Also look at some recent threads on quick burnouts of aftermarkets before you buy.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
While a OEM light may be more white and light up the floor better, that is also determined by conditions. While driving last night I was next to an X5 with HIDs( I know its an SUV but the lights were hitting the floor, they are self leveling), I noticed my lights were over powering his, the bluishness of my lights was actually stronger because there was no other lights lighting up the road

While on the freeway with lights lighting up the road; next to me was a Maxima with OEM Hids, mine were very dull on the floor while the Maxima was doing a good job of lighting up the road....so there is a bunch of variables in my opion and over all even 12000k hids would do a good job of lighting up a black road.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts