The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it a good idea to heat your car up before u take it out to the streets... i mean do u have to warm up the car everytime you go use it again...if so how long?? would that waste gas??

thanks

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
i def warm my car and i dont live in a cold climate !

usually i leave it at idle for a bear min of 30sec (if i'm in a rush) then drive off, and absolutely do not pass 2000 rpm (under if i can - screw tailgaters!) until the car hits operating temp, then do what u like !! (ie hello 4 k !)

cheers

joe

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
yup--we always warm up the car excpecially in the weather were havin now......turn it on wait for ur idle to drop or the temp to get allittle up there and ur all set. dont think theres a specific time limit

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
warm down, letting it run a minute or so before you shut it down. like on a turbo car, letting it run so the turbo will cool down.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
There is already a thread going about letting your car warm up before driving.
On my Dodge turbo, I used to try to let it cool down if I was parking right after hard driving, but sometimes didn't have the time. Still the original turbo unit lasted until I traded the junker at 230k miles. That's the virtue of oil/filter changes every 3k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts