The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my A/C to make a hissing noise? It's not audible while on the road (because of road noise), but it makes the sound whenever the engine is running and the A/C is on. Do I need to get my A/C looked at?

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
victor said:
mine does it when I shut down... its just the air pressure being released
same here

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know it does it when you turn it off. Here's the thing - I almost never use my A/C (yes, I know we live in Florida). So when I started using it the last couple months or so, to be honest I couldn't remember if that hiss was always there. But it makes the hiss while the air's still running. That's what I'm worried about.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
well then I'd say go get a leak test on it.. who knows, there could be a whole and the hiss is a leak...

·
projected member
919 Posts
if it is a hole, the a/c would've stopped working 2 min. later.. the sound is normal. it's the expansion valve working in the evaporator

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Either that or something to do with the belts...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine does the same.
BTW what about noise when it starts or stop working (automaticly together with fan). Do you hear this when engine is running (but car stops) ? Mine is really loud and I don't know if I should worry about that ?

Janusz

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses everyone. :D The sound when it starts or stops (the click) is the clutch on the compressor engaging.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
januszk said:
Mine does the same.
BTW what about noise when it starts or stop working (automaticly together with fan). Do you hear this when engine is running (but car stops) ? Mine is really loud and I don't know if I should worry about that ?

Janusz
the fan running after the car is off is because the car is still too hot... perfectly normal...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts