The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 3.5se With MTC (Manual temperature controll) is it possible to switch to ATC(Automatic Temp controll), and just plug it in to the harness I have already and buy the different molding?

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Not sure if it can be done, but if it's possible i'm willing to spend whatever is needed to get it done, forgot to mention this when I ordered my car...I don't mind doing it manually, but my dad's F-150 has this, and it's so nice to have...!! don't need to play with the dials anymore..!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not totally sure if it can be done but I wouldn't see why not. It would however probably require more than just replacing the controls. I've got the ATC on mine and I know that there is a tube under the dash that a temperature sensor is connected to and this feeds information back to the control unit.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
I dont think the ATC is really worth the hassel, I have used it in various cars and you end up playing with it more than the manual one because of the fan speeds, etc. Its a cool looking gizmo, and the idea is nice, but you're not really saving any effort in terms of adjustments. I have heard this is also true on the Altima one, although I have not personnally used it.

·
Banned
18 Posts
superg2k said:
Not totally sure if it can be done but I wouldn't see why not. It would however probably require more than just replacing the controls. I've got the ATC on mine and I know that there is a tube under the dash that a temperature sensor is connected to and this feeds information back to the control unit.
A call to Nissan revealed that the conversion would be a quite costly process. It would require a main harness that retails for well over $1,200, not to mention sensors, the actual display panel and of course the plastic bezel around it.

for the $$$ you are looking at, not worth it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAMNNN, BAD IDEA SORRY GUYS

·
Registered
216 Posts
niceorange said:
I dont think the ATC is really worth the hassel, I have used it in various cars and you end up playing with it more than the manual one because of the fan speeds, etc. Its a cool looking gizmo, and the idea is nice, but you're not really saving any effort in terms of adjustments. I have heard this is also true on the Altima one, although I have not personnally used it.

The ATC is great. You set it and forget it. I never thought it was very important, untill I got my Altima. This is a great feature to have. The fan is automatic also and you never need to touch it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts