The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to lower my 05 buy tightening up on the nut holding the strut and spring the nut that is right in the middle. I heard if you tighten down on the nut the spring will compress and you car will become lower just wondering if this holds any truth. Im being cheap because I plan to put 20's soon but until then I want something for now cause I hate the stock look of the car

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
On many trucks and SUV's you can raise and lower the vehicle by tighting the bolt on the torsion bars. They do it all the time.

Its not going to work like that on the altima. You need new springs to lower it correctly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
fashunrydr said:
to lower my 05 buy tightening up on the nut holding the strut and spring the nut that is right in the middle. I heard if you tighten down on the nut the spring will compress and you car will become lower just wondering if this holds any truth. Im being cheap because I plan to put 20's soon but until then I want something for now cause I hate the stock look of the car
Is it possible for you to try and make your car go slower?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I think somewhere along the line we all got confused I'm talking about 20 inch rims not whatever else you guys are talking about, of course I don't wanna go slower I just wanted to know if it is possible to lower my car by tightening the nut there by compressing the spring hence making the car lower.

·
Registered
26 Posts
fashunrydr said:
OK I think somewhere along the line we all got confused I'm talking about 20 inch rims not whatever else you guys are talking about, of course I don't wanna go slower I just wanted to know if it is possible to lower my car by tightening the nut there by compressing the spring hence making the car lower.
Well, if you don't want to go slower and don't want your speedo to read wrong, then I'd suggest NOT buying 20" freakin wheels, and instead slap on some good 'ol lowerin' springs.

They'll be cheaper than buying 4x 20" wheel and your car will not look :davey:.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DesiEGO said:
^I don't think 20" wheels look gay at all. They look nice if they are the right kind but they definetly make the car heavier to drive and perform less.
Wheels are all about preference, I just think they maximize the bling factor while doing little for looks.

But the real point was, unsprung weight is a bitch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts