The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 3.5SR sedan, daily driver.
I am NOT looking to lower or alter the car.
I find the rear to be a bit bouncy when I corner, meaning it would be nice if it was stiffer.

Will I notice a difference with the Racingline rear sway bar?
Any measurable benefits changing the rear sway bar to the racingline unit?
Is the 3.5SR bar a dinky bar vs. the Racingline unit?

Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A sway bar ain't gunna fix bouncy .
The car only has 25k km
I don't mean bouncy like weak springs or struts.
I just want to know:
1. is the stock bar on the 3.5 SR different/better than the others or is it the same stock bar for all models.

2. Any difference with the racingline sway bar?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
1. The 3.5 bar is different from the 2.5 bars (-JA010 vs -ZN40A)
2. My 09 SE has the same stock bar as your 12 SR
3. I noticed a big difference going to the RL bar.

You can do it yourself in an hour. You will need to jack both sides up and let the rear wheels (plural) hang. Remove both wheels for elbow room and feed the new bar in from one side. Buy new endlinks...they don't always come off in serviceable condition. I used MOOG parts because they have grease nipples. I used some specialty silicone grease (Dow Corning Molykote 111) for the poly bushings that come with the RL bar as it has the best (water) wash resistance I could find--and I hate squeaky suspension parts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. The 3.5 bar is different from the 2.5 bars (-JA010 vs -ZN40A)
2. My 09 SE has the same stock bar as your 12 SR
3. I noticed a big difference going to the RL bar.

You can do it yourself in an hour. You will need to jack both sides up and let the rear wheels (plural) hang. Remove both wheels for elbow room and feed the new bar in from one side. Buy new endlinks...they don't always come off in serviceable condition. I used MOOG parts because they have grease nipples. I used some specialty silicone grease (Dow Corning Molykote 111) for the poly bushings that come with the RL bar as it has the best (water) wash resistance I could find--and I hate squeaky suspension parts.
Thanks!
Can you tell me where and how much you got the MOOG parts from?
Where did you buy the grease from also?

·
6,365 Posts
MOOG parts came from RockAuto.

Grease I sourced from a local supplier. You can get it on eBay, but the shipping was $$ to Canuckland. Dow Corning website maintains a list of distributors by region...you should be able to find one nearby. Search on 'Molykote 111' and yes it's way different than the 112 formulation.

One last thing...apparently Racingline has been having some delivery issues and I believe was recently removed as an official vendor by a forum mod. You may wish to consider the Stillen bar instead.

https://www.stillen.com/stillen-200...4236/vehicle/2012-nissan-altima.html?___SID=U

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MOOG parts came from RockAuto.

Grease I sourced from a local supplier. You can get it on eBay, but the shipping was $$ to Canuckland. Dow Corning website maintains a list of distributors by region...you should be able to find one nearby. Search on 'Molykote 111' and yes it's way different than the 112 formulation.

One last thing...apparently Racingline has been having some delivery issues and I believe was recently removed as an official vendor by a forum mod. You may wish to consider the Stillen bar instead.

https://www.stillen.com/stillen-200...4236/vehicle/2012-nissan-altima.html?___SID=U
Do you know the MOOG part #'s and would it be the same part for the 3.5 as it is for the 4cycl?

This is the part I hate doing, I never seem to find parts easy.

·
6,365 Posts
Ok, time to take the training wheels off....go to

RockAuto

In the search bar type

2012 nissan altima 3.5

drill down to the suspension section and start looking for rear endlinks. I will confirm your part numbers if you like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, time to take the training wheels off....go to

RockAuto

In the search bar type

2012 nissan altima 3.5

drill down to the suspension section and start looking for rear endlinks. I will confirm your part numbers if you like.
I thought RockAuto was a local shop to you.
Seems pretty cool, thanks.
Ok are you talking about these?

MOOG K750256 {#562611AD0B, 56261JA005}

CAD$21.27
MOOG K750255 {#562611AD0A, 56261JA000}

·
6,365 Posts
I thought RockAuto was a local shop to you.
Seems pretty cool, thanks.
Ok are you talking about these?

MOOG K750256 {#562611AD0B, 56261JA005}

CAD$21.27
MOOG K750255 {#562611AD0A, 56261JA000}
Yep, those be them. If you're north of 49' too, I usually order some cabin and/or air filters or wipers if I can to make the shipping less painful. Only issue is you need to ship from the same RA depot...or each part can attract its own shipping fee. For fun you can call your local NAPA or Benson's and price these out :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought this and the trunk light over 3 weeks ago. I got the trunk light in 3 days.
I still do not have the sway bar. I sent an email to Racing Line with no response from them.
The current Google comments from others having the same problem.

Anyone here live close to them that you can drop in to the shop and help me out here.
I paid them via email transfer...got to see if they can reverse that payment.

Lmk if anyone can help or shed some insight here.

Thx

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,767 Posts
I might do this just to see the "Great Nipples" lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might do this just to see the "Great Nipples" lol
Do what?

I am asking for someone to go in person and see what's up with the shop.
Based on comments it seems like he is going out of business, talking money for orders but not shipping items or replying to ppl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts