The Nissan Club banner

Is it worth it?rear sway bar for 3.5SR sedan -TELL ME ASAP

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  3.5-SR 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 3.5SR sedan, daily driver.
I am NOT looking to lower or alter the car.
I find the rear to be a bit bouncy when I corner, meaning it would be nice if it was stiffer.

Will I notice a difference with the Racingline rear sway bar?
Any measurable benefits changing the rear sway bar to the racingline unit?
Is the 3.5SR bar a dinky bar vs. the Racingline unit?

Please let me know your thoughts.

#3 ·
The car only has 25k km
I don't mean bouncy like weak springs or struts.
I just want to know:
1. is the stock bar on the 3.5 SR different/better than the others or is it the same stock bar for all models.

2. Any difference with the racingline sway bar?

#4 · (Edited)
1. The 3.5 bar is different from the 2.5 bars (-JA010 vs -ZN40A)
2. My 09 SE has the same stock bar as your 12 SR
3. I noticed a big difference going to the RL bar.

You can do it yourself in an hour. You will need to jack both sides up and let the rear wheels (plural) hang. Remove both wheels for elbow room and feed the new bar in from one side. Buy new endlinks...they don't always come off in serviceable condition. I used MOOG parts because they have grease nipples. I used some specialty silicone grease (Dow Corning Molykote 111) for the poly bushings that come with the RL bar as it has the best (water) wash resistance I could find--and I hate squeaky suspension parts.

#6 · (Edited)
MOOG parts came from RockAuto.

Grease I sourced from a local supplier. You can get it on eBay, but the shipping was $$ to Canuckland. Dow Corning website maintains a list of distributors by region...you should be able to find one nearby. Search on 'Molykote 111' and yes it's way different than the 112 formulation.

One last thing...apparently Racingline has been having some delivery issues and I believe was recently removed as an official vendor by a forum mod. You may wish to consider the Stillen bar instead.

https://www.stillen.com/stillen-200...4236/vehicle/2012-nissan-altima.html?___SID=U

#8 ·
Ok, time to take the training wheels off....go to

RockAuto

In the search bar type

2012 nissan altima 3.5

drill down to the suspension section and start looking for rear endlinks. I will confirm your part numbers if you like.

#11 ·
I bought this and the trunk light over 3 weeks ago. I got the trunk light in 3 days.
I still do not have the sway bar. I sent an email to Racing Line with no response from them.
The current Google comments from others having the same problem.

Anyone here live close to them that you can drop in to the shop and help me out here.
I paid them via email transfer...got to see if they can reverse that payment.

Lmk if anyone can help or shed some insight here.

Thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.