The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've actually been reading through previous posts on 1/4mile times, and modifying this car, and what I've noticed is no one really modifies the 2nd gen Altima due to the restrictions on it. What I'm really asking is, is it really worth fixing this 98 GXE up? I don't really know what the turbo guys are running, so could you guys give me your opinions, or should I just spend my money that I was gonna modify my car with and put it towards a new car?

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
Maybe you could sell that car and get a 1st gen Altima and have plenty of money to modify that. just m/o

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually not going to sell the car.. I'm keeping this no matter what, but I was just wondering if the money I would use to modify her, if I should just spend that on getting another car?

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
yes it is worth modifing
and slowly there are more and more parts comin out (very slowly)
when i get done with my car ill be pulling high 13's
but thats in time to come

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In due time I guess.. I also keep hearing these stories about Altimas running 11s in the 1/4?? Are these with the KA24 engine, because I can't find anything on these guys on the site. What exactly are the turbo guys running anywayz? The F-Max turbo kits on the 2nd Gen?

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
there are two turbos for the 2nd gen
one is the fmax which u will need to buy a fuel controller of some sort
and will give u about 240hp

and the secound is race tep turbo build up
which costs twice as much as the fmax but will give u 325hp

i dont think any altima has run 11 secound times but im sure 12's
arent that hard with the turbo

and if u wanna go the nos way as have most of us the ka24
can handel up to a 75 shot safely (if u know what ur doin)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not really up to NOS at the moment.. I just had my bottle stolen from my old house, and actually have had bad experiences with Nitrous on my MK3 Supra... I've actually only heard of the F-MAX kit and maybe a custom setup... Has anyone on the site actually have a turbo setup and ran their car?

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Y2KNismo has a 2nd gen turboed alty, he shaved 2 seconds off his time 17.6 and now hes runin 15.4 wit tha F-MAx setup, and he wuz only runnin like 3psi at tha time, hes plannin runnin at higher boost, u should email him and talk wit him.

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
the race tep is from the site and i got the fmax from a couple of people
with it on 240sx's

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought 98+ Altimas ran 16.3 1/4 mile? Is his stick or auto? I understand it's a professional driver doing the 16.3 times, but why 17.6 on a GenII:confused:

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
yeh the racetep n/a build up is 210 but they also have a turbo build up
for $8,000 that will give u 325hp

G

·
well its like 210 na and then another 115 with turbo. Thats 325 and that is with no bolt ons. You could also run a higher boost with the rac tep cause they put in lower compression pistons and make it stronger. i see how you could hit over 400 hp and how you could hit 11's with a good tranny. dont the f-50's run a 13 sec quarter?

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
His is a 2gen Auto. Go check out his pics, and i think he said somethin on wha hes runnin, or there might b a post , u gotta search. Or u could jus EMAIL him and ask him

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
sorry chas but it will take more than 400hp to make our cars 11'sec
maybe mid-low 12's (like a 12.4 best)with that power
remeber that the fatser u go the more horse power is need to make
u go faster

G

·
well lets see

bulid up 230hp with the upgrades
add turbo 360
every damn bolt on(more than you think) 430
tranny stuff and computer upgrades and crap 432(will add more power to wheels.)
nos 472 (50 shot)
slicks and remove all interior
you could hit 11's

·
Registered
42 Posts
okay just have one ? okay y2k ranned a 17.6 in 1/4 my question is what do stock civic (5 speeds) get the ex one with the v-tech because i am a automatic altima and i beat those like by a car or two actually by two so if i beat those then i am faster right. All i have is a homemade cai and exhaust. so that means that the civic run 17's?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts