The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
*Horny Member*
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2.4L engine in our altys, as I hope, all of you know... :p But I was wondering, isn't that the largest 4cyl engine made today? I can't recall hearing about a bigger one.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
There are tons of cars with 2.5 four cylinders (the scooby RS, even jeeps come with a 2.5) Volvo makes a 2.8 four cylinder also. So 2.4 is big, but not that big.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mercedes-Benz used to have a 3.0 4 cyl. several years back. Of course it is not in production nor has it been for several years.

JB

·
*Horny Member*
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn! forgot about the obvious Scooby 2.5RS!

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
mrdeucie said:
it might be the largest 4 cylinder in our class then.
until the 2.5L from the QR25 motor is released.... heh

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
SuprStyl said:
There are tons of cars with 2.5 four cylinders (the scooby RS, even jeeps come with a 2.5) Volvo makes a 2.8 four cylinder also. So 2.4 is big, but not that big.

i thought the volvo one was a 5 cylinder...

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ry said:

until the 2.5L from the QR25 motor is released.... heh
No, that's the older audi as far as i know.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
mrdeucie said:

but then again I don't think that one will be in our class.
oh yeah.. we're at the lower end....

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ry said:

i thought the volvo one was a 5 cylinder...
I thought that was the older audi cars with turbos that had five cylinders, i could be wrong though about the volvo, i just know its a 2.8.

·
*Horny Member*
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Volvos have 5cyl engines too...

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Regardless, 2.4l is decent sized for a four-cylinder. Especially when you consider that there are quite a few 2.5 liter 6 cylinders around these days.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
when I bought ours, it was the biggest one in our class.. not the one all around, but just our class.

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
1,404 Posts
The impreza is 2.5 liter 4 cylunder and my boat is 3.4 or 3.5 liter four cylinder.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
It's worth noting that when the Altima came out in '93, it had the 2nd or 3rd most powerful 4-cylinder out there. The Integra GSR was top, and there was another I can't remember now (and that one may have been a tie at 150hp). So it's definitely not tops anymore, but it was when it debuted -- that's worth something. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
SuprStyl said:
Volvo makes a 2.8 four cylinder also.
Which Volvo is that? I'm pretty sure that the only 4 cylinder engine they make is 1.9L turbo which comes on S40/V40.

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
1,404 Posts
aren't volvos 5 cylinder. I know some are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts