The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious because mine certainly isn't real leather its more like plastic with
stitching molded into the steering wheel lol, but I was looking on ebay and they have replacement 03-04 real leather steering wheels in 2-tone.

Also if you've ever done it how hard is it to change out the steering wheel with airbags?

·
hello
3,517 Posts
I have the same thought. I drove my buddies 04, and the steering wheel is definately way more "real leather" feeling. Its more plush and softer. While my 02 is hard and shiny.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all I have to say is that yesterday I sat inside a 2005 3.5L SE fully loaded and OMG the quality is night and day, i mean its just so much better all over, all sorts of details that were IMO wrong with our years have been fixed, nice sporty leather, nice center console and dash, little metal pieces all over better surfaces. Rings around the speaker holes, and guages, better colors, better leather armrest even better than 03 leather armrest. I'm impressed man, if I could transfer that interior into my exterior I would be EXTREMELY happy with my car.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
you could transfer the interior into your car. Just buy a 2005 dasha nd install it into your car. But will it be worth it price wise?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJKhan85 gotta hook me up with that krylon fusion color man! Don't forget.........please :)

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
well when I traded in my 02 2.5sl, for a 03 3.5se... I noticed there is a big difference in the leather of the seats and of the steering wheel..

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well lemme tell ya the 2002 doesn't have any soft and smooth to it at all you couldn't convince anyone that its anything but plastic so you guys must have leather. I'm going to buy the leather steering wheel but do you guys know how difficult that is to do and transfer the airbag and middle section over?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The Altima has leather SEATING. Which means anything you sit in is leather. The sides of the seats, the headrest, the doors, the armrest and the steering wheeal are all vinyl. If you look closely at it, you will notice a difference. I was VERY dissappointed when I found this out :mad:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shorty: you were suppposed to call me man!!!! :D

Not only are the sides/rear of front seats, armrest, doors vinyl but the entire rear seats are also vinyl!!! So basically the only leather in the car (in stock leather) is the seating surface in the front driver and passenger sides!!!!!

And you know how much they charge from the dealer to get the stock covers? $1300!!!!!! For a couple little strips of leather!!!!

I was about to order a set of stock 2004 covers from a discount place for
$300 until I reallized this. Instead I ordered from a company that makes the same seats but will leather on the entire top surface of the front and rear seats for $400 and the leather is high grade compared to the 03-04 stock leather.

So now I need a high quality leather steering wheel and order my shift boot and e-brake boot leather covers to go with it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My steering wheel is real leather. I'm pretty sure about it. it feels like the tl's steering wheel quality leather. Cant say the same for the seats though. Heh

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
dsuave624 said:
Everyone is in denial the same way I was. My car still smells like leather too. But it's not all leather.
I think you might be correct about the seats..alot of seats are this way. But I'm pretty positive that the steering wheel is real imitation leather!:p just kidding....its real leather on the SE probably the only quality piece in the whole car!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i cannot tell man I went down and really looked at it carefully and it is quite possible that it is some cheaper leather. Probably like the seats. 2002 just got stuck with crappy leather all around and after that 03-05 got the better stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts