The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the service dept. of my dealer ship because my check engine light came on, the guy behind the counter told me that my "aftermarket electronics." were setting of the check engine light he told me that it was my GPS and my alarm. I've had my GPS for two years and its never set of the check engine light and my alarm I’ve had for at least a month of two. My question is can aftermarket electronics from what I know I didn't think it would set if off like that.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I think. I probably took time away from his mid shift nap.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dealership i took it to is the closest one to me but i might just take to one to see what they say

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
jrdc said:
the dealership i took it to is the closest one to me but i might just take to one to see what they say
Make sure not to mention what the other dealer said. Let them start from scratch. I would not volunteer any info on aftermarket electronics, unless they ask you. That way you will know for sure they checked it out completely.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. i knew the guy was feeding me a line. The other part that really bugged me is beside the bs they gave me. They left my window down and my keys in the ignition just waiting for some body to steal my car

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Tell the freaking dealership to spend the 2 freaking minutes it takes....connect the OB2 reader...and figure out the freakin error codes. If I lived by you, i'd do it for you.....what a lazy peice of shit service man.

·
The Tat Man
612 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
mikequad3 said:
Tell the freaking dealership to spend the 2 freaking minutes it takes....connect the OB2 reader...and figure out the freakin error codes. If I lived by you, i'd do it for you.....what a lazy peice of shit service man.
Exactly^

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Jayman9207 said:
Or you could go here: http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98225 and find out yourself what your car is bitching about. Maybe it is something you can do yourself. If not, you can take that information to the dealer since they are too lazy to check the codes themselves.
I would definately do that. You have to be patient, took me a few tries to get it right. Once it does just count the flashes and write down the error code. Post the code here (after you search for it first) and someone will be able to tell you what it means. That will tell you whats wrong.

Don't clear the code. I made the mistake of doing this. If you clear it and take it to the dealer they won't do anything. The check engine light still needs to be on when you take it in to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
jrdc said:
I went into the service dept. of my dealer ship because my check engine light came on, the guy behind the counter told me that my "aftermarket electronics." were setting of the check engine light he told me that it was my GPS and my alarm. I've had my GPS for two years and its never set of the check engine light and my alarm I’ve had for at least a month of two. My question is can aftermarket electronics from what I know I didn't think it would set if off like that.
Did he actually hook the car up to get that answer? Or did he just tell you that without even looking?

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he said that they checked the codes but i'm not 100% sure that he was telling me the truth. i think he just took the easy way out of it

·
The Tat Man
612 Posts
jrdc said:
he said that they checked the codes but i'm not 100% sure that he was telling me the truth. i think he just took the easy way out of it
I would definitely check the error code yourself then. Take it to another dealer and tell them what you found and they should listen to you.

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My S.E.S light came back on again so I decided to give my dealership once last try. They had my car for most of the day and I’ve got to admit the person behind the contour told me what they thought was happing with my car and I was shocked because that the first time I’ve every heard that at a Nissan dealership. I was told that they found some code that they have never seen before and I mean never seen before they told me they would call me today to tell me what the Nissan tech support said. The service dept. told me that it was one of my "aftermarket electronics" and the only why for them to find out what aftermarket electronic. Was for them to un-plug my "aftermarket electronics" I about had a heart attack when they told me that I could not imagine my dealership un-plugging my gear they have enough problems trying to change my oil for crying out loud. And right after that the guy on the phone said that the only real way for them to fix the problem was to remove all my "aftermarket electronics" and I mean everything from the wires up. sorry about the long post but nissan is really starting to get on my nerves

·
Sound.Vision.Soul
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I asked and they guy shined my on i have no idea but from now on I'm finding out first

1 - 20 of 25 Posts