The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, Is there a Trailer hitch available for 2021 Nissan Kicks SV CVT ?

i have tried looking for many websites but have send lots of emails around asking about my trailer hitch but not that lucky.

do any of you know any brand or company that sells the trailer hitch for my car?

i am located in waterloo, Ontario

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yours and do with it as you will but the last thing I would be doing with a CVT anything is towing, The transmissions break fast enough just like they are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yours and do with it as you will but the last thing I would be doing with a CVT anything is towing, The transmissions break fast enough just like they are.
Thanks for the reply. I only need utility trailer just in case if I need to pick up bicycles, fridge or freezer or something like that. But thanks for the advice. I won't tow anything heavy.

Do you know any company that does trailer for my car?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I constantly harp about learning about your vehicle by reading and understanding your owners manual.

What does the 2021 Nissan Kicks owners manual say about trailer hitches and towing?

Technical and consumer information 10-19 has this to say:

Do not tow a trailer with your vehicle.

Notice that the wording is in bold lettering, and does not say "If you only need utility trailer just in case if you need to pick up bicycles, fridge or freezer or something like that."

I wonder what Nissan knows that you don't know?

What hitch manufacture would want the liability to manufacture a hitch for a vehicle that the manufacture of the vehicle prohibits towing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I constantly harp about learning about your vehicle by reading and understanding your owners manual.

What does the 2021 Nissan Kicks owners manual say about trailer hitches and towing?

Technical and consumer information 10-19 has this to say:

Do not tow a trailer with your vehicle.

Notice that the wording is in bold lettering, and does not say "If you only need utility trailer just in case if you need to pick up bicycles, fridge or freezer or something like that."

I wonder what Nissan knows that you don't know?

What hitch manufacture would want the liability to manufacture a hitch for a vehicle that the manufacture of the vehicle prohibits towing?
I see. The sales representative said should be ok to install trailer hitch. I will need to check with them again. I found a trailer hitch for 2020 Nissan Kicks though. They use Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4" code C11563.

Maybe because of that the sales person assume it's ok? I am not sure and I am not good at this either.

But thank you for letting me know about it. I have not get the car yet, and will certainly go to dealership and ask about it today.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I see. The sales representative said should be ok to install trailer hitch. I will need to check with them again. I found a trailer hitch for 2020 Nissan Kicks though. They use Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4" code C11563.

Maybe because of that the sales person assume it's ok? I am not sure and I am not good at this either.

But thank you for letting me know about it. I have not get the car yet, and will certainly go to dealership and ask about it today.
I would always believe a car salesman's words of advice over the written words of the car manufacturer. (Sarcasm alert)

Your car, your decision.

Choose wisely...like you warranty depends on it, which it does. I'm sure that Nissan will approve your CVT warranty claim because the salesperson told you it "should be ok to install a trailer hitch".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol I love what you said :)

I will go to dealership today to confirm the warranty regarding that.

Thank you so much

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Lol I love what you said :)

I will go to dealership today to confirm the warranty regarding that.

Thank you so much

Are you aware that the dealer does not approve or deny the warranty?....Nissan North America does that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
X2..................there is so much doubletalk between different factions of car companies it's not funny. Sales people will OK literally anything as it is the constant shoring up of being yes men to sell things. They will sell you the car telling you it will tow all day long then deny the warranty over towing to get another car sale. Remember, the sales people are the ones that tell you they have absolutely zero troubles with CVT as well.

You could likely get away with it, one time will not kill you, but one never knows and the transmissions have proven out to be particularly delicate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X2..................there is so much doubletalk between different factions of car companies it's not funny. Sales people will OK literally anything as it is the constant shoring up of being yes men to sell things. They will sell you the car telling you it will tow all day long then deny the warranty over towing to get another car sale. Remember, the sales people are the ones that tell you they have absolutely zero troubles with CVT as well.

You could likely get away with it, one time will not kill you, but one never knows and the transmissions have proven out to be particularly delicate.
Thank you for letting me know about CVT transmission. i looked into it and yes, lots of people not recommend the CVT car to do any towing. thanks for explaining this to me.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Thank you for letting me know about CVT transmission. i looked into it and yes, lots of people, including the manufacturer of the vehicle, not recommend the CVT car to do any towing. Thanks for explaining this to me, as I found Throckmorton's post confusing, especially when he quoted from the owners manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI, Is there a Trailer hitch available for 2021 Nissan Kicks SV CVT ?

i have tried looking for many websites but have send lots of emails around asking about my trailer hitch but not that lucky.

do any of you know any brand or company that sells the trailer hitch for my car?

i am located in waterloo, Ontario
Check with U-Haul if there’s one available they will have if not find a metal shop that will make one for you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check with U-Haul if there’s one available they will have if not find a metal shop that will make one for you
I did send email to Uhaul, unfortunately they do not have a made one ready for my car. I can do a custom made through UHaul but I need to bring my car to USA and leave it for few days. They also recommend to find a metal shop to see what they can do for my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts