The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. I always see commercials on T.V. about hair regrowth and shit but with so many products it seems like nothing truely works. I'm only 19 but I am started to have a receding hairline and it's embarrassing.

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
I have a similar problem but its not that bad. Some of the info that I have collected:
1) don't always wear a hat
2) don't wash hard
3) when you shampoo, massage your head to encourage blood flow
4) don't always put crap in your hair (hairspray, gel, etc...) i have since switched to leave-in conditioner. works wonders.
5) rinse off conditioner with cold water.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) I just started wearing a hat
2) I haven't used hairspray, gell, hair dye in years

But I will start washing my hair in cold water from no on.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
i just shave my head...no use fighting it...

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
I have been balding for the last 3 yrs slooowly in the back and in the very front.I just keep a very short haircut with a good trim,and it hides it somewhat.

When it gets really bad,I am just giong to go all out and shave it clean.:)

Dont fight genetics,it will own you in the end.

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
I've been noticing lately that my hair-line has been receeding quite a bit as well. Of course my age is a factor (24) but I'm convinced stress has hastened the pace.

Anyway, personally, I believe that it's best for balding men to just keep a clean shaven head, or a very short hair-style. A buzz-cut looks good.

If you have the money, hair transplants now are deceptively good. I know a guy who just had it done, and at first it looked awful but now you'd never know that he had the operation. I think it's worth looking into if you are self-conscious about it. Good luck.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem is I have seborrheic dermatitis and doctors say it won't ever go away so baldness= embarrassing.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
^So do I dude...it gets bad during winter months.

Use a good medicated shampoo(I use Nuetrogena T-Gel),and switch between it and a plain jane shampoo every week,use GREASE or scalp conditioner as SOON as you get out the shower,BRUSH your hair (massage)and make SURE you dont scratch it.It will subside...mine does.

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use T-gel and Denorex (sp) and I try my hardest not to scratch it, my girlfriend hits me everytime I do it. What kind of scalp conditioner do you use HK?

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
I am not home right now,but its just regular hair grease...find it in every drug store.

I will grab the name when I hit the house.;)

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
damnit dmonger,I forgot to check.:(

But I am telling you,just look for any scalp conditioner in grease form.As long as you keep the scalp moisturized,it will cut down on the dermatitis severly.:)

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After I got out of the shower tonight the dermatitis is barely noticable I just gotta wash it EVERY day instead of 2 times a week like I did. I'll just keep my hair in a fade that way you can't notice the dermatits nor my hairline.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
Yes man,you have to wash your hair everyday.I do.Just make sure you alternate weeks between medicated shampoo and reg shampoo.The human scalp gets used to ANY shampoo after about a week when you wash your hair daily.

The name of the grease is TCB Naturals Hair and Scalp conditioner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts