The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order the stillen/suspension tech rear sway bar, the OEM front strut bar, and try and find some polyurathane bushings for at least the rear sway bar, looked at the FAQ for the rear sway bar and it doesn't look too hard to install, hopefully...

>_>

But anyway, is there enough room under the hood for the front strut bar? I was looking and I'm not so sure, that black thing [foam thing?] under the hood looks like it doesn't give enough clearance...

Not so sure about getting the struts and shocks anymore, not sure if I wanna lower my car anymore, ran on some bumpy road, and was like, if this is it stock, I dunno anymore, comfort vs handling, gah.

How much will the rear sway bar and front strut bar help handling? Will it be noticeable?

Thankies~!

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
tons of clearance. I have the 2k/1 OEM bar on my 98. no problems!

the FSTB will not be as noticable as the rear sway bar but it will help eliminate some of the front body roll. with my rear sway bar on, the car takes curves and turns like a champ. it's very noticable as the car tracks properly in turns instead of wanting to understeer into the guard rail. I have mine set to oversteer.

FSTB and RSB = best bang for you buck in terms of suspension mods.

Eibach springs aren't too stiff and don't lower the car too much. I like my H&R's as they are a bit stiffer and with the tokico's give me a lot more road feedback and handling.

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
the front sway bar for the altima doesn't exist. read the title.
S-T REAR SWAYBAR 98-03 ALTIMA (7/8" DIA)
generic text they use for different makes

Front and rear stabilizer bars are sold in matched sets for optimum balance and are complete with quality hardware, silicone-impregnated polyurethane bushings and instructions.

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my god I feel so dumb...

>_<;;

^_^;;

Thankies~!

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
STILLEn Tower bar is discontinued... made me cry :( I am still hunting for one.

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why is the stillen front strut bar better than the OEM one?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
it's not necessarily better. it's a different design that costs a ton more than the OEM bar. it's a solid bar where as the OEM one is hollow. they both do the same job as good as the other.

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

Just tell me if you felt a difference or if you didn't, and which was better.

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
Fitting is really not a problem, prolly if it doesn't fit, it wouldn't be in production.

i agree that FSTB and RSTB is the best buy. though i only have the FSTB, but i've heard the combo does wonders.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
808Altima said:
Fitting is really not a problem, prolly if it doesn't fit, it wouldn't be in production.

i agree that FSTB and RSTB is the best buy. though i only have the FSTB, but i've heard the combo does wonders.
Werd...although I don't know how much better it would be at stock height.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
thajones said:
Werd...although I don't know how much better it would be at stock height.

actually the fstb was my first suspension upgrade. as soon as I installed it, I noticed that the front end had a fair amount less body roll. this was well before I changed my suspension the first time. including stock, I'm on my 4th suspension setup!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts