The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shift_PSHHH!
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am seriously thinking about getting an 2005 altima 3.5, I was wondering if it were possible to use the same tranny as the SE-R, to add the 6th gear. I searched this topic a few times, and came up empty handed. The reason I ask this, is because 6spd manual will make a huge difference in the 3.5's, also this does seem realistic. The Altima SE-R will have the same engine, and will be the same enginge bay. I hope that when the SE-R comes out the idea of upgrading our tranny to accomadate a 6th gear becomes a reality. If anyone knows about this please share. Also sry in advanced if this is a repost. :)

·
Shift_PSHHH!
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes but I called the local dealers, and they all said that the car will be in at the end of the month, and that they will only get one for each dealer. The bad part is that they will raise the price higher than msrp, which is expected to be at about 30k, So if thats the case, I can't justify paying that much extra for a 6th gear, much rather get a Z or an altima, and swap trannys. Although it would be less hassle, it will be more money.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
^I still don't understand. If you even buy a base 3.5Se with no options, it would still be atleast $22k + if you have to buy an SE-R Tranny, it would be close to another $2k or more and then another $1000 - $1500 for the swap and everything which brings up the price of car close to $26k - $27K and this is not incl. any taxes on the price of the car itself and I would also think this would void the warranty of the transmission on the car unless Nissan did the install but then they would charge more. So looking at the whole picture, you might just end up saving a grand or so more. For all the headache, just go with the SE-R and you get some different options with it too :dunno:

Just my $.02.

·
Shift_PSHHH!
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats true. But may still be a good option for those of us who already have a altima se,a nd don't wanna trade in and loose money, and for anyone who is already out of warranty. In any case I agre desi, you are righ its a hassle, but still curious if it is possible :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts