The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to starbucks yesterday and as i was gettin out of my car, i saw a balck GT celica! it had an exhaust and it was a 5 speed! ok so i go in was waiting for my frappuchino and i see this asian guy making it, i couldnt help it and i just asked him if that was his car! he said yes, and i started asking him bout it, and he told me he had headers intake and exhaust! then i asked him if he had taken it to the track, and he said yea, i asked him wat he got! he said like it wasent much, that he had gotten a 13.9!!!! i was speechless!!! then he was tellin me of the cars hes smoked and they included celicas gts, and preludes, and he even said he smoked a scion tc supercharged!! those are like in the 200's hp! do u think this guy is all bull, or is it possible?! i was nice to him though and acted like i believed every word cuz he said he knew a guy that installs headers, so yea!

·
Banned
413 Posts
I call bs I just rode in a '95 Celica GTS last week 5-speed although I dident drive it it deffinatly did not pull that hard, I think this guy is pulling a fast one ya.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Altimasport said:
I call bs I just rode in a '95 Celica GTS last week 5-speed although I dident drive it it deffinatly did not pull that hard, I think this guy is pulling a fast one ya.
o thats wat i thought but i dont know i mean this looked older than a 2000! prob. a 2002! so maybe there is a diff. i dont know but a 13.9 is really fast for a GT!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
No way. You should have laughed in his face. Try maybe 14s with those mods. those cars look faster than they are. They have zero balls and struggle through the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
68 Posts
in their yr. 2000 annual tests summary, road and track has the stock Celica GT-S listed :
I-4, 180 bhp., 6.8 0-60sec., 15.4 1/4 mile @91.5 mph, 134 top speed.
so with mods and such, one can only go....hmmm.

·
Registered
68 Posts
and for what it's worth- Toyota recently announced that they will no longer be manufacturing the Celica nor the MR2 Spyder after their '05 model runs.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
um.... ppl read what he said GT NOT GTS... the fastest NA GT that ANY of my celica friends (MODERATORS on celica sites) know of is running high 14s with MAJOR work done... IE P&P of head and intake, cams, headers, NO exhaust... those type of things... If its the new body style I call TOTAL BS. Hes on the bottle or turbo or hes a liar.

·
Registered
314 Posts
One thing I have noticed from these "ricers" is they all say they run 13s because that's a respectable number and at the same time not so far fetched like 12s. 14s is nothing to brag about, so 13.9 it is.

It's like the cop asking you how many beers you had. Standard answer: "A couple."

·
Registered
655 Posts
I_hate_vegas said:
One thing I have noticed from these "ricers" is they all say they run 13s because that's a respectable number and at the same time not so far fetched like 12s. 14s is nothing to brag about, so 13.9 it is.

It's like the cop asking you how many beers you had. Standard answer: "A couple."

Smart answer vegas and you are right i believe.

Next time someone says they run high 13's like a 13.9 ask them what their trap speed was because around 96.5-97.5 is where they will be or they are BSing.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
gts can hit 13s with work but not stock... also he is listing 15 second MAYBE 14second cars on his kill list... how about some 350z's or a few srt-4s hes killed? those are low 14second cars if he can brag about racing them I am impressed. Otherwise I call BS... not in a gt N/A no way.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
o damn yall had a lot to say about that! whoo ok i guess hes total bull then! it was not turbo i can gaurantee that!

·
Registered
655 Posts
altima04 said:
o damn yall had a lot to say about that! whoo ok i guess hes total bull then! it was not turbo i can gaurantee that!
go to the guy straight up and ask him to have at it with you- i bet he won't.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts