The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this was very very weird this morning when i drove the car..

Granted, we also had 23 inches of snow where i live.. but while i was driving on clean road (no snow or anything), when i got about 40 mph and higher my car and steering wheel shook and vibrated... Is this normal for the car after a major snow storm? Is there any reason why this does that? What can be done to stop it? Does this mean that snow is somewhere that it shouldnt be? Please advise... Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had that last time it snowed here. I kicked snow off in the wheel wells and it was fine. I think the tire was rubbing with the ice and causing the vibrations.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This May be Silly But True

Try looking and see if you have snow in your tire. No I don't mean in your tire but on the inside of your rim. It can throw the ballance off if it gets a chance to collect there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: This May be Silly But True

bmvalk said:
Try looking and see if you have snow in your tire. No I don't mean in your tire but on the inside of your rim. It can throw the ballance off if it gets a chance to collect there.
Yes, this is what happened to me last time it snowed. I drove through a snowy parking lot and some snow got in my rims, then I went on the turnpike and my car was shaking and pulling one way. It felt like I had a flat tire.

Just get all the snow out of the rim and it should be fine.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Feels like i have 4 stop signs for tires this am on the way to work. The downfalls of playing in the snow last night!!!

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup.. you were all correct.. there was snow wedged into the wheel walls and etc... so i go it all out of there and the car drives smooth as a baby's a**

now if i can only get rid of that god damn stupid annoying mystery ticking sound!!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday, Driving home from a Weekend getaway and we had about 23 inches of snow, I had a heard time getting out of the parking lot, Tires were spinning and filled with snow, once I got out, I hit the highway and felt a pulsing vibration through the steering wheel and the car, Had me worried that there was a bubble or something in the tire, After about 1 hours of driving it went away and my car was cleaned off from the wetness of the melted snow on the Highway

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have snow inside your rims! I live in New York also, and the same thing happened to me yesterday. Clean out the inside of the rims of any snow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts