The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,404 Posts
There doesn't have to be. That point will work as it is double wall and channel. Any modern car if you look close enough damages even at the recommended lift points if you lift the car higher than a few inches, the material is often too thin.

My Versa has damage at the lifting points but I work on my own cars and they need to jack high enough to do the work. My other 3 Fords are the same way.

I use that picced point on my '17 Alt.

· Registered
49 Posts
Any modern car if you look close enough damages even at the recommended lift points if you lift the car higher than a few inches, the material is often too thin.
You are absolutely correct. The lift points under a car are designed with enough strength to lift the vehicle high enough to remove a tire......that's it.

I work for Toyota and see lift point damage every day due to owners previously lifting the vehicle higher than designed. Even in the newer Toyota vehicle owner manuals it states "Do not lift vehicle tire more than 2 inches above solid surface".

I myself have a two-post hydraulic lift at my house. When I lift these Nissan cars up, I lift directly behind the black triangular shaped bracket (as seen/pictured in earlier post #1) and never damage the metal (however I am lifting the vehicle at four points, not one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts