The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my key fob in my vehicle for about six months. My car starts up but now my vehicle stating low-key battery detected. Not having the key I haven’t been able to lock my vehicle which is really a pain. Is there a way to detect the key in the car. I came to the conclusion It’s most likely not even in my vehicle. What are my options besides having to purchase a new key. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lost my key fob in my vehicle for about six months. My car starts up but now my vehicle stating low-key battery detected. Not having the key I haven’t been able to lock my vehicle which is really a pain. Is there a way to detect the key in the car. I came to the conclusion It’s most likely not even in my vehicle. What are my options besides having to purchase a new key. Thanks for your help
  • What year is Altima?
  • To clarify you’ve been using physical key and lost key fob correct?
  • Since the vehicle recognizes key fob has a low battery it appears it must be in the car. Does it also give low battery warning when you’re away from your home?

I would very thoroughly check car for the fob.
Hope you find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shirley, the fob is in the vehicle. How else would it start and advise you that the battery is low? If you can close the trunk without issue, then it’s not near the trunk sensor. Does the car lock when pressing the button on the exterior door handle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts