The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down rte 46W Passing Teterboro airport I'm suddenly behind a white 04 Altima SL. It was an 04 cause it had the red signal lights instead of amber. I turn my radio down an all I hear is rap music (DMX) blaring out the car. Since we're in the middle lane, when I get the chance, I jump in the left lane so we could be first at the red light coming up. But He get's in the far right lane although we're still first at the light. I notice he has a passenger as he's dropping the car from neutral to drive. I can tell it was an auto because when he goes back to drive the car suddenly jumps foward. As the opposite light goes yellow, He's redlining his car as I raise the RPM's up to 3K. We get the green and my launch is perfect. I jump a car length on him. Top out 1st, slam 2nd and chirp the tires and the distance between us is still the same. He jumps in the middle lane and his front bumper is at my rear bumper. Strangly, I wasn't pulling and he wasn't walking me down. Top of 2nd @ 65mph, I can still see him in my right sideview mirror. I go to 3rd thinking we'll stop at the top of that gear and my radar starts blaring lights at me. I hit the brakes and he does the same. Low and behold, there are Two (2) Lodi police cars on the side with no lights on. All you see are the red led lights on the display in the car. Oh well. That bought our race to an abrupt halt. So who ever that was in the White Altima....NICE RUN:bigok: Wish it could have been longer, but we'll take what we can get.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Good race

Glad you had a radar detector and didn't get pulled over.

[RANT]
I'm down in Jacksonville, FL/South Carolina on vacation. I let my boy drive my car and he runs around town and the highway at speeds of 80mph-120mph -- testing out my new H&R springs in the front by weaving in and out of traffic.

MY MOM IS IN THE BACKSEAT AND DOESN'T SAY A WORD :eek: IF IT WERE ME DRIVING I WOULD GET AN EARFUL...

He doesn't get a ticket for all that reckless driving... About 2 miles from his home (about 5 minutes), he gets pulled over for 61 in a 45
[/RANT]

Be safe man... I love to race, but it seems around my area (Maryland), that the police have stepped up their game quite a bit... I'm taking it to the track for some serious 1/4 mile abuse.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Whister Radar

Most police departments (in the northeast) only use K & Ka Band. With a few still using X band. I doubt if any one here uses Laser
I have it mounted right over the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
bad advice since its impossible to follow.......

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
good kill blacknight :)
i still hold a special place in my heart for accords because i had a 98 v6. enjoy it your honda!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
That sounds about right....the 4cyl autos put down around 130whp or so and your 5spd puts down somewhere between 120-130whp plus your a little lighter? and can shift faster than the crappy Nissan auto, though it may have been his TQ that allowed him to keep up maybe....

Good run and be careful....

Jeremy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts