The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SprintPCS this, SprintPCS that. My contract had expired (forgot about it), and my phone was dying, so I tried to see if Sprint would help me out. Maybe give me a new phone at a discount. I mean, I could always take my number somewhere else and get a free phone, right? Dare I ask for more minutes? I'm already getting 480 anytime minutes for $40 plus nationwide coverage.

HA! They offered me $75 off a new phone purchase. I'd still have to pay over a hundred for any phone I would remotely consider. Not to mention I didn't want to consider any of the phones Sprint had to offer.

I checked out T-Mobile. 600 anytime minutes for same price, nationwide coverage... no roaming, which is where I've gotten burned with Sprint before. Got a $180 Sony Ericsson T610 for $100 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate (so they paid me $20 to "buy" the phone).

Called Sprint Customer Service one last time to get my account number in order to switch. Was on hold for 15 minutes. Called T-Mobile Customer Service just for shits'n'giggles, to compare. Had a rep on the line in less than two minutes.

My apartment location sucks, hardly get reception with any Sprint phone I use here. The T-Mobile has no problem... full signal.

* Colour display (65,536 colours, 128 x 160 pixels)
* Integrated camera
* Bluetooth™, infrared and cable connectivity
* Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) - send pictures and sound like text messages
* Downloadable polyphonic & mono ringtones, plus ringtone editor
* Downloadable Java games
* WAP 2.0 (GPRS), email
* High Speed Data (HSCSD - up to 28.8 kbps)
* Speed dialling & voice dialling
* Predictive text (T9)
* Mobile chat
* Voice memo / recorder
* Picture phone book
* Exchangeable covers
* Wallpaper, screensaver and themes - all downloadable
* Calculator, calendar, alarm
* Memory: 2 Mbytes
* Size: 102 x 44 x 19 mm
* Weight: 95g
* Battery standby: 315 hours
* Battery talktime: 14 hours
* Vibration alert
* Tri band

I wish I would have listened to you assholes sooner when you told me to switch from Sprint.

1,407 Posts
I heard that was a crappy phone but I am sure Phinger will be here soon to let you know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The salesperson told me that the phone would be under warranty for as long as I was under contract. And yes, I've already gotten it, and switched.

Now, I'm looking for faceplates on eBay. After all, in a year when my contract is up, I will want to sell this phone with its original faceplates and I will want it to look brand new. :)

At that point, I will conveniently take my number to the next provider willing to give me another free phone. :D

Consumer Loyalty is nothing. Showmezemoney!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Al Bundy's Friend Griff said:
I heard that was a crappy phone but I am sure Phinger will be here soon to let you know.
1) can't be any crappier than my old Sprint phone. No matter what.

2) many of the qualms customers have about it (bad reception in the big city, bad interface, small keys), I have tested and it works fine. I drove through downtown Chicago and it was perfect. The interface, though not perfect, is still 10000x better than my old phone. small keys... I can manage. :)

3) Crappy or not, I still got paid $20 to buy it, so if worse comes to worse, I sell it brand new on eBay and use the money towards a better phone.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Is it just me, or are you getting more "peppermint" lately, Paul?

·
your mom felt my length
1,077 Posts
Kinda how I felt when i went from Cingular to Verizon...
Cingular hold time was like 30 minutes, Verizone like 5.
Cingular would drop calls and I'd have like 1 bar reception in major cities, Verizon on the other hand I could be in the middle of no where and still have at least 2 bars...

but i got a really shitty phone when i signed up with Verizon...talk time is 1.5 hours on paper, but in reality it's like 45 minutes-an hour...the battery on the phone is pure shit...that's my only complaint...if the battery lasted at least 2 hours of talk time, i woulnd't complain, but damn, 45 minutes is just stupid...

·
<----Just say NO to Drugs
1,621 Posts
bluetooth is useless in the US. its a eurotrash toy. dont get me wrong, its cool and all, but its not popular here, and has not gained a lot in the past 2 years. its overly expensive for the accessores still, which is why its populairty is small.
i wanna see phones with wifi.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bluetooth is off. I don't need it for anything more than to make and receive calls.. and to look good. So far, so good. :)

Color screen, and battery lasts longer than my old phone with LCD.

Oh, sorry Magoo, didn't see your question. Bluetooth is something that will allow a wireless connection between two... things, like a phone and a computer. Not much to it; just another wireless technology.

·
Massaging the pussy
1,551 Posts
Thats a pretty good phone... the reception is decent.... anyway... you need to go to Chinatown... In nYc and get my Motorola V878... look it up on the website... but you need to go the site in Asia.... they don;t sell it here.... T mobile is good because it works everywhere... even if you decide to travel to europe..... one thing about the Sony though... the camera sucks and the screen scratches easy.. thats y its all about the flip

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't buy a phone for its digital camera. I already have a digicam which I keep with me. :) About the screen scratching, that is why I am buying a faceplate. :) Once faceplate scratches, a new one is $5 away on eBay.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts