The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally hung out with the 1st and 2nd gens forums being that my gf drives a 1st gen, but yesterday picked up my own 2002 Black 2.5S with ABS/Side airbag, mats, splash guards, and EC mirror, for 19K (including marketing and destination), so look forward to seeing what yall are doing to your 3rd gens~!

sam:)

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like you got a good price on it too.

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
welcome! i saw a black 2.5 yesterday. man, it was shiny !

(too bad you paid the advertising fee. that is a rip off. mever pay it again. seriously. now you know better.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys~! , picked up my car from koeppel nissan, I think I actually got out of paying the marketing, because, they're printed invoice showed the car at 18,515, and the marketing pllus the destination came out to about 19,360 or so, and I basically said I'd take it for 19, (explained the whole thing in the "dealer, dealership reviews" forum), whats your guys advice on waxing? should I wax sooon, or should I wait a while? I've always used turtle wax (the easy application one) should I go for meguires? thanx:)

scottlny, born and raised in queens~! (currently in woodside)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome aboard!!
I waited like a month before waxing mine I don't know if i needed to but that's what I did, Also I use meguires I know there's other stuff out there but for the money I find them to be the best I've always used meguires. Personal choice I guess.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
samalty said:
whats your guys advice on waxing? should I wax sooon, or should I wait a while? I've always used turtle wax (the easy application one) should I go for meguires? thanx:) /B]

My car seemed to come with a crapload of wax on it already.

I personally use Eagle One Wet polish and paste wax. It's kept my Miata's bumpers shiny after eight years of sun, long after others have turned flat.

Meguiars is excellent, use the 3 step (cleaner, polish, wax), seems to work the best. Only do the cleaner once a year though. Turtle Wax is just fine too. It really depends on how often you wax the car. All waxes start to break down as soon as you put them on, some will last a bit longer than others. But if you wax frequently there really isn't much of a difference between them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wax...

I'm still polishing off :rolleyes: two old cans of Classic car wax. Probably go to Meguires when I run out. Welcome to the club Sam... Great color, they don't call it Super Black for nothin'.

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
SLCentral said:
How do you get out of the advertising fee? I've had 2 dealerships say that all the dealerships have it and there's no choice....Is there anythign I can say to get it off?
Some dealers will let it go, some won't. Mine wouldn't, but I got the car for invoice, so I didn't push it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts