The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a JL AudioW3 10 inch sub and I have to wire it to an Infinity amp at 4 ohms.The Sub is DVC and each coil is 4 ohms.I am looking at 600X1 bridged at 4 ohms ....

...how do I wire up the sub connections in order to acheive the 4 ohm load to the amp?

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
well looks like its gonna be impossible bro, sorry, but i suggest u wire that sub in series and then bridge the amp. u should get an 8 ohm load giving the sub 300x1 rms

·
Banned
161 Posts
Damn man, your gonna want to take that back and get a sub w/2ohm DVC or get another 10inch W3 and have 2 10's.

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Siizzzoooo said:
well looks like its gonna be impossible bro, sorry, but i suggest u wire that sub in series and then bridge the amp. u should get an 8 ohm load giving the sub 300x1 rms
I dont want the 2 10 solution....I am trying to get these 2 12" subs out now,to get a bit lighter,that why I bought the ONE 10.Oh well...

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TL said:
600w Infinity would be the 202a.. Which is NOT 2 ohm stable..

You bought the wrong sub for that amp, man :(
May have bought the wrong sub...:(

had the amp already pushing two garbage Pioneer 12's.

I am gonna ask around...i dont see how you couldnt break it down into a 4 ohm load if the speaker has 2 4 ohm voice coils.Or am I lost?Someone want to break it down for me...I could use the class:p

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
There are 3-ways to do it..

Parallel you get a 2 ohm load.
Series you get a 8 ohm load.
or Short one coil and run the other for a 4 ohm load. However, shorting the other coild drops efficiency by 3dB, which makes the output equal to running the sub in series. (better to go in series for the amp's sake)

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
lol :)

I have two 102a's if you're interested in trading.. you could run one to each coil and get that 600w you wanted ;) I'd probably ask your 202a + $75 or something..

just a thought :)

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
uh-uh...

...this will probably be the last upgrade on the Altima for a bit of time.The dude selling me his CRX Si upped the selling date so I am trying to finish saving my dollars for the CRX.The altima(minus a stillen lip and KYB's;)) is just about done.:p:D:D

Thanks for your input TL...i am gonna have to tell Mikey to give you a raise;):p

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
OR better yet, u can run that amp in tri-mode meaning using that amp to power the sub and 2 speakers. i think that would be your next best option in order to get good SQ. honestly, that sub will sound quite good with 300 QUALITY watts rms. i've never dealt with any infiniti amps, but i hear they are quite decent, good luck

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i thought about that....

In the diagram on the instructions,it shows a way to tire it trimode.It also shows a capacitor in wiring scheme.Are they talking about just a regular cap...?or is this some special kind of cap...?

And what type of power would I be looking at for the rears and the sub?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
HondaKillah said:
In the diagram on the instructions,it shows a way to tire it trimode.It also shows a capacitor in wiring scheme.Are they talking about just a regular cap...?or is this some special kind of cap...?
In trimode, you can't use the filters on the amp.. That's what the caps and inductor are there for.. to send the high freqencies to the fronts, and the lows to the sub.. I think there's a chart in your manual telling you what values to get on the caps and inductors..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.