The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I too got into an accident with my Altima. Since I have no digital camera, you'll only get to hear the story now and wait till a time when I can take pics.

I was in Flushing Queens picking up my GF who lives right off of Northern Blvd. It was last night at around 9pm and it was raining like crazy. Major traffic. For those who don't know Northern Blvd, it's very busy, lots of traffic, always someone stopping real quick in front of you to park, crosses thru lots of big intersections for the highways, bridges or just other Blvd's etc..

I was in the far right lane 'cause I would eventually have to turn off onto the Cross Island to get back to my house. Being it was raining so heavy, I stayed in the far right lane so I wouldn't have to worry about switching lanes and only did anywhere from 20 - 30mph due to the weather conditions.

Than I get up to the Clearview Expressway, where it's an intersection... You know how you have people who inch out to make a turn for the intersection this way they can make the light and not wait. Well, a nice 2nd Gen Altima who was in a rush, was already blocking the whole left lane of traffic my way, and when my light turned yellow I wasn't about to slam the breaks in the rain when I can roll right thru it 'cause I was already there. I definately passed that light when it was still yellow. The guy shot out, I slammed on my breaks, I missed his whole car except for the back bumper right behind the rear wheel.

At this moment, I thought it was all over.. He slides down the block sideways, and I'm stopped dead in my tracks with what was my front bumper flashing before my eyes in front of me till it fell down out of sight. I grabbed my head, chest, crotch and knees, I'm ok. I look over and grab my GF, she was ok. Now I look back in front of my car and lost it. My car was still running, everything was good, the Airbags didn't deploy (Thank god he had sympathy for me) but I was still not about to move my car. I jumped out in the pouring rain to look at was the front of my Satin white 3.5 Altima.

Hood, and both fenders were perfect. YESSSSSS. No flat tires, rims are ok, YESSSSSS. Fog lights, gone, headlights on and working but loose and one got scrathed up. My bumper was only hanging on by the passenger side corner. My grille believe it or not was still on, swinging by 1 screw and was still intact. The impact was right on the passenger side of the grille, which just 'cause my whole front bumper to push it and just rip out the drivers side.

Than I look over at the guys car, who's car is FINE. ****ing fine! His bumper just got pushed down, with some scratching. Otherwise fully driveable, and he could push it back up and screw it on and it would be brand new aside from the scratches. Here I am, bumper in pieces, grille swinging, lights loose, and pieces of what was whatever connected to my bumper all over the right lane of Northern Blvd.

Took the cops about 20 minutes to get to me. I made the cop hold my bumper and walk with the car as I drove it into a nearby gas station. I still couldn't bear to drag it or rip it off. The people who hit me, could speak a far amount of english but were quiet, luckily nice enough to keep asking if me and my GF were alright. They stayed there until my family could come and help me. 'Cause I was stranded, no tools, rope, nothing.

Eventually, I ripped the rest of my bumper off, threw everything in the back, tied it all up and drove home ready to rip someones head off.

I have Auto Body connections and this car WILL be fixed as soon as possible. The only good thing that can come about this is, I will now get my Stillen body kit a lot faster than I thought, I'll have HID's in the foglights and I won't have holes in the front bumper for the license plate. I'm gonna just put it down under the opening with blash mesh around it. If stupid Stillen would have the Grille out by now, I would have put the on there too and paid the difference but of course, they produce there grilles slower than a snail with a limp.

I'll keep you posted on what will follow, and when I take it to the shop I'll have someone there with a digital take pics. But basically, look at your car and picture no front bumper or grille.

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
JBL85 said:
Thats not a bummer, when you have no injuries or anything happen to you at all thats good. Sorry about having to go through that all, that was a close one
Oh, my mistake. Of course I'm glad no one got hurt(that goes without saying), and I'm thrilled her car got all screwed up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was turning so he was going across traffic. SO he was driving thru my lane. If I would have been driving faster he was have nailed me on the whole drivers side

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It really is just a fender bender.. But still, with me even a scratch on my car the whole world is gonna end. It could have been a lot worse, luckily it wasn't.

·
Honda Killer
113 Posts
All that matters is the fact you and your lady walked away unhurt! Glad you two are O.K. Sorry 'bout the car dude. Damage doesn't sound too bad from your description. Just get it fixed..FAST!!! ;)

Dave

'02 Black 3.5 SE
K&N filter
RAM air mods
sidemarkers
painted calipers
custom valve stems and caps

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad you're OK.
I sure hope that is all the wrecks on this forum for a long while!:(

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
sorry to hear that man, at least everyone's ok and no MAJOR damage.....just an easily replaceable bumper, grille, and headlights...no frame damage or engine replacement needed and it's amazing that the airbags didn't go off...lucky cuz that's an extra couple grand

1 - 18 of 18 Posts