The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to get an ECU from a junkyard, how much you think i should expect to pay?

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
there's really no set price - it's whatever the junkyard's operator will let you have it for. i'd say see if they'll give it to you for around $40 or 50, sounds reasonable to me.

·
Registered
837 Posts
y do u need another ECU ?? call stillen they have a core exhance...if u have 1000$ send that in ..they ship u a ECU witout any down time on ur ride...then they refund ur money core back ...it 520$ thru stillen ECU

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm getting the JWT ECU done but i have a 97. Well they can't do 97, but they can do a 95 or 96. So i have to get a 95 or 96 ECU and send it to them.

Anyone else?

·
180 Posts
1fastaltima said:
i'm getting the JWT ECU done but i have a 97. Well they can't do 97, but they can do a 95 or 96. So i have to get a 95 or 96 ECU and send it to them.
it's a simple swap?, aren't there emissions issues?, extra parameters?, wires? and such?

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
atakm said:

it's a simple swap?, aren't there emissions issues?, extra parameters?, wires? and such?
outside, it's the exact same ecu
inside, there are little tiny differences

the only thing that needs to be changed is i have to use the o2 sensor that corresponds with the same year ecu. (95 ecu w/ 95 o2) And 3 wire changes in the harness the plugs into the unit itself.

So when i get the 95 ecu from Jim Wolf with my other stuff *wink wink* i take out my old one and bolt the new one right in. Change out the o2 sensor near the cat and switch one wire there. Then make the 3 changes in the harness and it's complete.

As far as emissions and all that shit. I think it would be the same from 95 up to 97. If not, they are going to take care of it. And what do i care, i live in FL. Not cali

·
"Member"
120 Posts
hey guys, i have two ecu's for sale. one off a 96 auto...and the other one was a 96 manual, if not a 95. i have to make sure on the manual. email me if anyone of ya are interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts