The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend of mine that works on mostly Nissan 240SX and now Altimas since I started bring work his way, and we thought about something, but I doubt it will work, but he seems to think it may work.

We wanted to put the S13 89-94 240SX springs and struts on my 1Gen alty. Im curious if anyone has ever tried it. I want to have Tein Suspension on both cars, but they don't make em for the alty.

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tein Coilovers on my 240 are sick. I thought the stock suspension was impressive, with whiteline sway & stabilizer bars with Polyeuruthane bushings plus the Tein Coilovers, I feel like im driving a 3000GT VR4 around turns. I want my alty to be the same way. But I cant find any really good springs kit that perform like the Teins

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
for OE style S13 front struts won't fit. the strut case will be in the way of the drive axle(it's blocking it). Unless if you buy either TEIN's or JIC's unit with adjustable strut case height. (rubs thumb and middle fingers, and then points at TeamFreshstyles). that's for the front.

However, there's a big possibility for the S-13 front struts to fit the rear spindle of the U13 as long as you're using coilovers.

The S13 use shocks in the back, not struts, so forget it.

The same with any S14 and S15 kit's you'll find.

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gotcha. actually, the Tein coilovers were $1100 for the 240, im saving up for the electronic controler that you can adjust the ride hieght from inside the car. but The way my alty steers, i need better springs. I know it will never handle like the S13, but i want it to be as close as possible.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
I don't think the TEIN EC allows height adjustment by wire. It's more for dampening force adjustment, as with the system fitted to the old Supra, maxima, M30, MX6, etc. Just the bound/rebound rate. If you want to adjust ride height from inside the car, then air-bags are your friends.
tell you this, 2 altimas, setup the same way, would never mimic one another 100%. you can always feel the 1% difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts