The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just swapped my 95 ka24 de motor for a 98 ka24de motor and im running into some problems. I swapped all my old sensors and manifolds from the old engine onto the new block. Its having trouble starting, itll turn over but it wont start. Im seeming to need to replace the distributor module ive already replaced the cap and rotor. And the car will run until it gets warm?..... Anyone offer any advice... it would be greatly appriceated

Thanks,

Bobby
BAP Auto:angry2:

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and yeah, i think it might be my distributor as well, but you never know with these damn fickle KA24DE's ggrrrrr were waiting fr the timing light on monday figure out if its just timing or not.:angry1:

·
Banned
1 Posts
did you use a Nissan cap and rotor? I had the same issues, car would shut off when it got warm when I used an aftermarket cap/rotor.

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats weird, theyre both made by hitatchi, so i thought it was the same thing. I think my module is bad. Or it could just be a timing issue. gotta wait till monday for the timing light.

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol yeah, but it wont run for any length of time, and im having trouble reapplying the nitrous. But theres an extra sensor on the 98 engine, some soft of coolant sensor or something on the inlet for the coolant at the top of the engine, there wasnt one on the 95 engine. Where the top coolant hose from the radiator hooks in. But hopefully itll run without it, just gotta wait till tomorrow. And man that install was a bitch.

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
because all the applications i had were for the ka24de. and also lack of availability. Soonest i could get an sr20 was a month from now.

·
over it...
643 Posts
We just did a swap into my boyz hatchback and we did everything right just as you did but we didnt plug in the ecu all the way and the car was shutting off randomly. So just double check that. Anna

·
Precision Tuning
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, the KA24 is a really strong motor, i wouldnt have anythig else in my car. And theyre good with turbos (bluebird). Yeah well we didnt swap the ecu's so thats not it. Im going to buy the 400 dollar distributor from Nissan right now. Wish me luck...

Why do nissan parts have to be so goddam expensive, the OEM distributor for my 95 gt mustang back in 97 was 58 dollars.....

·
13,021 Posts
BAP Auto said:
Yeah, the KA24 is a really strong motor, i wouldnt have anythig else in my car. And theyre good with turbos (bluebird). Yeah well we didnt swap the ecu's so thats not it. Im going to buy the 400 dollar distributor from Nissan right now. Wish me luck...

Why do nissan parts have to be so goddam expensive, the OEM distributor for my 95 gt mustang back in 97 was 58 dollars.....
the bluebird motor that was turboed was not a KA24DE.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts