The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spilled the Shashum?
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got Photoshop 6.0 from Kazaa. Only took me 8 hours haha, but I am starting to figure some things out, I searched my butt off, but I guess my questions are to dumb. BUt I wanna ask you guys, 1st, How can I cut out a person, car, ect.: out of a picture the best way possible and paste it into another. 2nd, Is there a way to use that magic wand multiply times to cut out objects... They are just basic questions. I just want to know how people, for example one here, cut lets say a body kit and put it on their cars. Any help would be much appreciated guys, Thanks alot, Wayne:) P.S. I searched all through the site but didnt find anything on it, if I missed it then flame away haha

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
the tool of choice for that kinda job is the polygonal lasso. dont bother with magic wand. it seems like it would save time and its easy. but not really. if u are good with ur mouse and the lasso tool. magic wand is just a fancy useless tool.

·
Spilled the Shashum?
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man for answerin'. I have a laptop to it's kinda hard to get it perfect. One more question tho. Can you like mold a pic of ground effects from one car and put it on a pic of my own easily, let me know the technique man, that would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Resident Tourist
101 Posts
I haven't used photoshop in a while, but i seem to remember somthing about using the magic wand, and then a command like "select simular" or somthing like that. It worked good for getting rid of backgrounds with low contrast. I'll check it out and post again in a few mins.

*edit*
I just checked it out, first of all its similar (i can't spell) and its under the "select" menu.

Secondly, there has to be quite a bit of contrast between the background colour(s) and the colour of the area that you would like to keep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts