The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in to replace the front bumper cover that some punk drove into at the mall! How can someone drive into a parked car in a parking lot? Takes a lot of stupidity I guess.

Anyways, they forgot to cut out the fog holes! So I got to take it off again! They at first said they wouldn't do it then they told me it'd be no problem to cut out the fog light openings! Bunch of idiots. Sure glad insurance paid it off!

Anyone ever drive an Alero? Insurance gave me a rental and that's what I got. It's not to bad for an auto V6. Lots of power. A little too much roll to it though. And it was a sportier package on the car too! Oh well it was free! Still love the Alty over it!

Lates. Out to cut out the fog openings ... agian!

·
Just another ricer
832 Posts
Yea the Alero is nice. My dad had one for about 6mths and then got his Monte Carlo SS. I personally think the Alero just had to much torque steer, got squirrely when ya punched it....plus it sucks balls in the crash test rates

·
Registered
480 Posts
What kinda knife ya using to cut them, I have to cut mine this weekend. And are you taking the cover off, jacking it up, or just doing it on the ground?

Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GPS said:
What kinda knife ya using to cut them, I have to cut mine this weekend. And are you taking the cover off, jacking it up, or just doing it on the ground?

Thanks man!
Didn't end up getting to it today. Too many things going on right now needed the time to chill.

But I'm taking the cover right off. It seems to come off better when you work from behind! :D :rolleyes:

I also need to figure out how I can get just half the opening off without making it look too messy. My original cover I took them right out but it left too big a hole. Deciding whether I should have it on the top half or the lower half. BTW I have the PIAA 001 Solitares in Plasma Blue. So they are kinda small for the whole opening.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you take off the top part it is less likely to get hit by a rock, but the top is hidden by the cover more. So i think it is a toss up.

I may try it on and if it doesn't work I'll just get it from the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts