The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know about my experiences with this alarm. I purchased the alarm from StereoFX in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway, today I got it installed by Don(Pearl96Max here and at maxima.org). I shopped around, got some prices for installs and found Don's price to be the most reasonable and his reputation to be the most reliable. Great guy, very professional in how he handles his business, very knowledgable, and was super quick with the install while still doing a very good job. He let me watch him do everything and just hang out. Definitely knows what he is doing and what he is talking about, I highly recommend him to anyone in NJ for car audio products, alarm installs, etc. He was also very understanding about my stupid ass being about an hour late. :embarasse

As for the alarm itself, I am very happy with it. Haven't tested the range really, but I'm sure it goes for longer than I need. I just love the remote start and the 2 way remote. You get to see what is going on with the alarm and the status of your car. Very nice to have. The entire alarm seems to have been integrated into the car very nicely.

If you guys are looking for a very cool alarm with remote start and 2way remote, I would definitely recommend this alarm. You can't go wrong with Viper. Also, if you want another choice, talk to Don about the new Hornet alarm he just got. It has the 2way remote, remote start, more features and the remote almost kills the Viper remote when it comes to features and coolness factor(it's almost like a cell phone with the music and everything). The worst thing is that it's cheaper than the Viper790xv installed. I would say I would strongly consider the Hornet if I didn't already have the Viper in hand.

Cliff Notes: Viper 790xv is a sweet alarm, love the remote start and remote. Don(Pearl96Max) is a great guy and top notch installer, highly recommended.

·
NISMO R-TUNE
651 Posts
Gavin said:
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know about my experiences with this alarm. I purchased the alarm from StereoFX in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway, today I got it installed by Don(Pearl96Max here and at maxima.org). I shopped around, got some prices for installs and found Don's price to be the most reasonable and his reputation to be the most reliable. Great guy, very professional in how he handles his business, very knowledgable, and was super quick with the install while still doing a very good job. He let me watch him do everything and just hang out. Definitely knows what he is doing and what he is talking about, I highly recommend him to anyone in NJ for car audio products, alarm installs, etc. He was also very understanding about my stupid ass being about an hour late. :embarasse

As for the alarm itself, I am very happy with it. Haven't tested the range really, but I'm sure it goes for longer than I need. I just love the remote start and the 2 way remote. You get to see what is going on with the alarm and the status of your car. Very nice to have. The entire alarm seems to have been integrated into the car very nicely.

If you guys are looking for a very cool alarm with remote start and 2way remote, I would definitely recommend this alarm. You can't go wrong with Viper. Also, if you want another choice, talk to Don about the new Hornet alarm he just got. It has the 2way remote, remote start, more features and the remote almost kills the Viper remote when it comes to features and coolness factor(it's almost like a cell phone with the music and everything). The worst thing is that it's cheaper than the Viper790xv installed. I would say I would strongly consider the Hornet if I didn't already have the Viper in hand.

Cliff Notes: Viper 790xv is a sweet alarm, love the remote start and remote. Don(Pearl96Max) is a great guy and top notch installer, highly recommended.
HORNET ALSO ONLY COMES WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY, JUST FYI:eek:

·
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you go through Don, it'll be $499 installed for the Viper and anywhere from $50-100 less for the Hornet installed. He is running a groupbuy over at maxima.org trying to gauge interest to see what price he will sell it at. Send him a PM and let him know you're interested.

·
AKA 6spdcoupe
307 Posts
Re: Re: Just got my Viper790xv installed (Review)

SOUND2NR said:
HORNET ALSO ONLY COMES WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY, JUST FYI:eek:
Actually that is incorrect....lifetime on the 554T

--Don

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gavin said:

Hey Gavin where in NJ is DON, cuz i'm looking to put the exact same VIPER alarm in my car.........

·
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is in North Edison, pretty close to Rutgers New Brunswick. I definitely recommend him. I'm pretty close to where you are, so the drive is only about 40-50 min.

·
NISMO R-TUNE
651 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Just got my Viper790xv installed (Review)

Pearl96Max said:
Actually that is incorrect....lifetime on the 554T

--Don
NO THATS WRONG THIS IS HOW THE CONSUMER WARRANTY WORKS FOR HORNET AND THE 554T ALARM / REMOTE START
1 year OTC then they can have it covered under warranty after the first year for a $45 fee. THIS COMES FROM DEI, I'M A DEI DEALER THIS IS HOW THE WARRANTY WORKS DUDE!!!!!!!:DTHIS IS ALSO KNOWN AS LL45 FROM DEI

·
AKA 6spdcoupe
307 Posts
You are absolutely correct, as for Hornet being that way. They were also all available over the counter for a general consumer to install themselves. As for the 554T dealer installation is required, and lifetime warranty applies. Since it is new maybe you were unaware of that, so hopefully this was useful info for you.

--Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts