The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the springs barely compress when installing the new shocks. But when I go over bumps the right rear sounds like it has a rattle. Anyone have this problem. How critical is it to reuse the rubber spring isolators?

I have to bring it back for the mechanic to check it out..

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
the rubber mounts on top and bottom? I reused them. I got some clunks right now and can't figure out where it's coming from. I know it's the rear passenger and the front driver wheels making noise.
Jay

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have the same problem! it is the mounts on top of the strut they forgot top take out or something, thats what my installer said. take it back and have them look at it!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
SoCalAltima said:
i have the same problem! it is the mounts on top of the strut they forgot top take out or something, thats what my installer said. take it back and have them look at it!
do you mean the bumpstops? cuz if u remove that rubber ring that's on top of the spring, you're gonna squeek.
Jay

·
Registered
126 Posts
It might just be your strut loose, take your back seat off and the rubber piece that covers the strut assembly, then take your car for a drive. If that piece with the gold ring on top jumps up and down then thats what it is. take that piece off and there will be a bolt in the middle tighten it. Your strut might move when you do it so you might need help from someone else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts