The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered the 03 dash pieces from parts last week and installed them today...that was by far the easiest mod ever, took 2 minutes to remove the three parts and install the new ones, only one screw to remove! IMHO, the dash looks much better now with these pieces. I know I could have ordered a complete stick on kit for $150-200, but they just look cheap to me and you have to worry about them peeling off in hot temps. BTW, the three pieces cost $90 total. The three pieces I'm talking about is the large piece around the stereo and up with the center vents, the piece around the temp gauges, and the piece that goes around the shifter. Does anyone know if Nissan upgraded the piece around the MPH/RPM gauges for 03?

·
Winter hater!
549 Posts
Glad you like the '03 titanium upgrade. I've installed the console piece and the gauge trim piece, but haven't done the radio & climate control pieces yet.... I can't decide if I like the split look of the '03 vent/radio piece.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool, $30 isn't bad at all, I'll pick that up too...thanks for the info. I wasn't too sure about the split look either, but now that it's on, I like the new look and they did do a better job with the material on the upper portion, it matches the rest of the upper dash.

·
sHIFT_3.5SeR YAA!!
719 Posts
hey where is it that you got them from.. i saw the ones from ebay, but if you got them from somewhere else i wanna order some to.. been lookin for them for a whiles... please share..;)

·
VTEC & 5.0 owner :wtf:
417 Posts
Glad I got the 03 with the silver and not the wood :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got them from the local Nissan Dealership parts counter, just tell them you want the 4 titanium dashpieces for the 03 Altima, they fit the 02 perfectly...Nissan upgraded the metalic/titanium colored material due to all the complaints from 02 owners and car mag reviews. It looks and feels like real metal, but I'm not 100% sure what they are made out of exactly. I was really surprised how low the price was for these parts from Nissan, since they are the real thing, complete snap on parts, not stickers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stevg30et84AE,

I do have a digital camera and I should go out and take a picture for you, but right now we're getting pounded with snow here in DC, about an inch an hour, I've got 8 inches on the deck so far and we're suppose to get 24 plus inches before it ends tomorrow. Afterwards, I'll be glad to take a picture for you!

·
Registered
899 Posts
3.5 Stillen Edition, I'd like to see the pics as well. I'm also in the DC area (MD) and this snow is brutal. We had 6-8 on the ground when I woke up this am, and they are saying maybe another 2 FEET before it ends tomorrow. Shoveling a driveway that's a football field long is like pissing in the wind.....I hope I can flag down a truck in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DP03, I hear you, this storm is no F'n joke, every time I think about going out to take a pic, it kicks back up and dumps more snow, I'm not going to shovel jack til this thing is over! I wouldn't even consider moving all the snow in your football field driveway.

·
Registered
899 Posts
No, all I can do is the area near the garage and the walks, which I have to do even if I get someone to plow. The ironic thing is my Dad in Philly has a real nice snow-blower which he's giving me (he has a service do it) that I haven't had a chance to pick up yet. Oh well. This storm should make the books around here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wonder why they didn't go all the way and make a piece to fit on the arm rest. You know, the part that goes around and over the power window, lock and mirror adjustment controls. I think the set would look great with just that piece on the arm rest and the piece around the front gauges. I would rather see just that, and had them do nothing with the part around the shifter and HVAC controls. Those section done up are a little much in my opinion. If I decide to buy it I'm just going to go with the front gauge piece.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stevg30et84AE, Knowing Nissan, they'll keep the refinements going for awhile, I suspect that the 04s will have more titanium accents that can be added to the 02 & 03 models. The door pieces you mentioned are a good upgrade, lets hope Nissan reads this thread!!! I would like to see the cup holder cover and the storage area cover below the climate controls upgraded as well. BTW, the snow is now at 12 inches on my deck!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Stevg30et84AE,

Here are the part #s from my invoice:

68270-3Z600 LID-CLUSTE $66.55
68260-3Z600 LID-CLUSTE $9.57
96941-3Z600 FINISHER-C $10.22

Note: The large piece (68270-3Z600) comes in several colors, since the upper portion matches the dash color, mine is blond, so be sure to check that first before you order. They do have better prices, but shipping sucks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heres what I came up with. Pretty close to what you got. Add the
$7.95 shipping and it gets even closer. Looks like you paid list, but
it still isn't that bad at all.

Quantity Part # Description List Unit Price Price
68270-3Z600 Lid-cluster $66.55 $50.71 $50.71
68260-3Z600 Lid-cluster $9.57 $7.29 $7.29
96941-3Z600 Finisher-consol $10.22 $7.79 $7.79
Subtotal: $65.79

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HKNinja,

Can't help you with a photo right now, the car is buried in snow. If you really want to see the 03 interior titanium accents, just go to nissanusa.com and select Altima interior.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good research

I think I can speak for alot of us when I thank you for your research on this issue. I am also very interested in making the same changes you made to my 2002 Altima. However, I think I'll wait for some pictures...so, please take some excellent shots. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts