·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did i do something wrong?? lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah i got my intake from alex a while back and i got it on with no problems at all...i did have to make a small bracket to support the filter so it wouldnt bounce around though...other than that it works great.

--Josh

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I did the same as the post above.

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I installed my WAI I bounced it off red-line a few times right off the bat. . .I figured if it was going to give me a check engine light I may as well get it over with. I've had it in for almost a year, and 30k miles and I have not had a single problem.

As far as the air sensor, I left the intermediate pipe that the sensor was attached to in the same location that it was installed from the factory. I just removed the entire OEM box and mounted the Ractive filter in its place. . .my thought process was to hope that the intermediate tube would help to pull some colder air from the grille since the filter is shielded from the sides. . .not sure if it makes a difference. . .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, I'm running a bit rich. . .so I've decided to do something about it. . .I'm resetting the ECU this evening. . .

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure. . .

I know that if I romp on the gas pedal, the car bogs for a second before kicking. . .it didn't do that before with the OEM filter box.

I also have noticed that my tailpipe is black, as compared to other completely stock 2000 SE's. That would lead me to believe that it is not burning cleanly (i.e. running rich).

My thinking is that the car had not been remapped for fuel consumption yet. . .it's sucking much more air than it did before and sending more fuel with it. . . It's an experiment. . .we'll see what happend when I reset the ECU this evening.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Godzildo said:

And, after installing an intake that gives you more air, wouldn't you be more likely to run lean?
The MAF sensor tells the engine how much air is going in. If the intake let more air in, the MAF sees it and the injection adjusts the mixture. The mixture will also be altered based on the temperature of the engine (coolant sensor) and the temperature of the air going in. If the air temp sensor is giving inaccurate information, the ECU will alter the fuel mixture inaccurately.

There will be a test....:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts