The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is Jerry. Alicia's bf. I just installed Pioneer's newest 6disk changer($199) and it won't play burned data disks. It should be CD-R and CD-RW disk capable. I thought this meant it should play a regular disk with music files burned onto it. It will play the disks I've made where I have burned 10-12 songs onto a disk, like 70 mins worth, standard CD burn. But what I want it to play is where I have burned 700mb of music files onto a disk. These are the ones that aren't working. My head unit is the Pioneer 835 which was top of the line model about 3 yrs ago. So it's working, plays regular CD's, but not the ones I want. My Panasonic home system says it will play CD-R and CD-RW also and it does. Is there anything special that I need to do to the deck or changer?
Think it's a bad disk that I burned the files onto? Thanks in advance.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They burned in an .MP3 format. I just burned them from
my hard drive onto a disk. Do I need to burn them in a different format? Like .wav or something?

Altima2000 said:
what kind of music files you burned onto the cd?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
that's why it won't work, you gotta burn them in wav. You can't play mp3's on a cd player, you need a mp3 player for that;)

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what is the simplest/fastest way to turn, say, 800 files into a .wav format?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
AltimaVixen said:
so what is the simplest/fastest way to turn, say, 800 files into a .wav format?
I hope your hardrive has over 60 gigs of free space. A mp3 takes up about 2-5mb, a wav file is 40-60mb each! Just convert the songs you wanna burn, then delete them

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there a program to do this? when i do convert, it starts
to change them into .wma files. will these work?

95_XE said:

I hope your hardrive has over 60 gigs of free space. A mp3 takes up about 2-5mb, a wav file is 40-60mb each! Just convert the songs you wanna burn, then delete them

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
or, if you're using winamp, get the songs you want in the playlist, then go into Options > Output and click "Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in..." then hit the Configure button and select a folder to put the .wav files in (I use the Desktop so I remember to delete them).

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
TL said:
or, if you're using winamp, get the songs you want in the playlist, then go into Options > Output and click "Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in..." then hit the Configure button and select a folder to put the .wav files in (I use the Desktop so I remember to delete them).

Good luck :)
:cool: I didn't know that

·
Singing Crack Rabbit
20 Posts
Use one of the newer burning programs. Roxio Easy CD Creator will allow you to "drop" mp3s onto an audio CD and it will convert them to wav on the fly. Think the newer versions of Nero also do this...

You really don't want to blow those things up yourself. Takes too much time, effort, and HD space(we're talking GOBS of HD space tween the conversion and the burn). Jus buy a newer piece of CD authoring and proceed to drag'n'drop.

·
was up
2,392 Posts
or...

if you got some extra money...return the cd changer and get one that is mp3 compatible. youll be able to put like 150 songs on a cd:D

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
poisonfist said:
BTW WAV is not CD standard either. You'll want to burn it in AIFF format for regular CD audio playback.
I swore it was in WMA format...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts