The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Remind you altima only 2 weeks old, Just loving it)

Wife calls me @ 5:23pm with the news she just had a wreck with some lady in Dodge Durango. I'm like(heart drops) WHat Happened?? Wife turning left off of a 3 lane street. A regular turn that is often made to get to the UofH campus. White Durango smashes her from the rear. Scratches right side of bumber and cracks tail light. Get this, damages new wheel on the right rear side(Wife already cracked left side front wheel and scratched the left rear wheel bad on 2nd day) Anyway officer arrives and he is like why did they call him out, they could have handled this minor accident just exchanging info. He proceeds to wipe the area that is damaged on my car and most of it is the durango's paint. And he said that nothing is wrong and that the light is only $100 dollars. Then to top it off he said that the lady will not get a citation because they were both at fault. Citing a law in Texas that says The driver is @ fault for making a left turn or U-turn if it does not specify you can make one. And the lady is @ fault also for failure to control speed and vehicle. I am so pissed right now because I think my wife got screwed because it was 2 women there and he was just saying anything because it was probably close to the end of his shift. I will be @ the HPD office in the morning to make sure the accident report is correct and that her insurance pays for it. I think I have to get new wheels unless I come up with a plan...

·
The Amazing Asian
185 Posts
bring it to the court, i know it's more easy said then done, but if you try, you could succeed and come out not paying jack, considering the story you give seems like the durango is at fault.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Last time I checked 95% of the time if you get hit from the rear it's not your fault! I'd go after the lady's insurance for the damages regardless of the fact she wasn't cited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts