The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i have a blockbusters gamers pass, i tried both for a couple days, all in all, i think madden is a far superior game, for these reasons

- its tackling has some problems, i run into a guy on the floor, still doesnt even touch him at times

- its camera even at far view cant even see the sidelines, a couple times during the game theres a guy wide open, but i cant even see him

- running plays are a little too easy, its extremely simple to trap the defense in your line and gain 8+ yards a run on average, even got 200+ yards with jones as bears

- a couple times during defense the computer has the ball, and my players doesnt even tackle and let him run by

- no playmaker

-annoying controls, if you played madden switching to espn might be kind of annoying at the start

-some stuff in there seems kind of pointless, such as the preperation for the week and the crib

there is some good sides to it though

-passing game seems more realistic than madden (ie: you cant really throw bullet passes running backwards)

-passing defense for the computer is pretty good

-more choices in plays, although its harder to read the plays

-pretty good graphics

this is just my opinion but i would take madden over espn anyday

·
I'm kinda a big deal
1,103 Posts
phinger23 said:
i was quite impressed with espn2k5. i havent tried madden yet tho.

yeah I bought espn since it was only 20 bucks, I've yet to try madden but my roommate is gonna buy it. I've always been a fan of madden, and I have always chosen madden over any other football game. We'll just have to see.

·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, i forgot about putting that into the decision, its a pretty good game for only 20 bucks, but i would rather just rent madden if i ever wanna play a football game

·
hello
3,517 Posts
I got madden 2k5..I never used to like realistic football games, used to always play the blitz series :). But now that I play it...woo...so much fun and the realism just adds a fun factor to it for some reason. I'd definately recommend madden 2k5. And circuit city gives you a $10 gift card instantly when you buy it, so its kind of only $40!

·
o werd
2,688 Posts
I picked up espn instead of madden this year.. yesterday to be exact. I'm one of those huge madden fans too but lately they haven't amazed me with improvement, mainly because the game is almost near perfection. So I didn't want to spend $50 on a couple of new features, I'd rather just pop madden 2k4 in and DL the new roster.

I guess it was time for a change, espn is a different pace and so far I like it. I've never really played any ESPN game whether it's NBA or Football. I'm strictly EA. It has things I've never seen in a sports game before.

I most likely will be picking up Madden also so like everyone else said, you can't go wrong with 20$. It's definetly worth a lot more then that.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
I hate when people say "just a couple new features in Madden" when they haven't sat and played the game for any lengthy period of time.

Trust me, the defensive improvements are more than just the hit stick. In fact I hardly use that gimmick, although when you use it successfully it is pretty damn sweet. Anyway the improvements on defense are so evolutionarily great that I can't imagine how I ever played Madden without them. Madden 2005 is the biggest leap in the evolution of Madden in years.

·
o werd
2,688 Posts
I controlled all my defense in madden 04, there really wasn't anything I couldn't handle if I was expecting it. Either I'm the safety guarding a voulnerable spot in the field, or the single defender waiting to get burned.

Things like putting X def on Y off is cool, making the computer do stuff for you is cool too and all but, yeah, those are just features.

·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ya another problem with espn, if you choose a safety, and blitz in with it by yourself, theres always a hole WIDE open to cause a sack, i only tried it 4 times, but each 4 times i got a sack or made a running back lose 3 yards

·
o werd
2,688 Posts
I'll eventually get madden, too... I have to. It's just right now i'm rolling around with 2dollars to my name.
I already know madden is the shit, nobody has to tell me.

And yea I have played it, not more then a game but I got the gyst. Yeah it's awesome, can't afford ATM

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Magoo said:
I controlled all my defense in madden 04, there really wasn't anything I couldn't handle if I was expecting it. Either I'm the safety guarding a voulnerable spot in the field, or the single defender waiting to get burned.

Things like putting X def on Y off is cool, making the computer do stuff for you is cool too and all but, yeah, those are just features.
You have no idea of the defensive changes in 04 do you?

I wasn't questioning your capabilities as a defensive player, I was praising the massive improvements that EA has incorporated into 05.

Just play the game like 10-20 times, against somebody who can play or the computer on All Madden.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts