The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna be gettin my turbo kit installed hopefully within the next coupl of weeks. I have a 97 that i am gonna swap a 96 jwt ecu into...

I understand a couple of ppl have done this, and have had problems. But wut r these problems? Check engine lights? Wut codes came up?

Can u guys give me:
1. positive feedback from ppl who have completed it successsfully wit no probs

or

2. Negative feedback: ppl wit problem wit the swap and SPECIFIC problems pertainin to it

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
3,033 Posts
My car runs just fine. I have a 97 (not a 97.5) with 96 ECU. The only code I throw is my AIT. I didn't switch any of the wires like they told me to either. I think I could fix the code if I were to get a 95-96 intake mani.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
AltyDriver said:
My car runs just fine. I have a 97 (not a 97.5) with 96 ECU. The only code I throw is my AIT. I didn't switch any of the wires like they told me to either. I think I could fix the code if I were to get a 95-96 intake mani.
does urs have an external coil or internal?

mine is internal...not sure if i got a 97 or 97.5....my born on date (hehe) is 11/96

u think there is anyway to fool the ecu that the ait is ok, like changin the voltage sent from the sensor like wit a resistor ( i don't really understand electronics that much)

cool....thanks for the feedback

·
1,484 Posts
Well a resistor wont affect the voltage at all, I'd have to check out that sensors opperation and see what you could do about it.

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALtImAtUmNY said:
does urs have an external coil or internal?

mine is internal...not sure if i got a 97 or 97.5....my born on date (hehe) is 11/96

u think there is anyway to fool the ecu that the ait is ok, like changin the voltage sent from the sensor like wit a resistor ( i don't really understand electronics that much)

cool....thanks for the feedback

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
you need to swap out a 95-96 distributer/ coil, iat, and all sensors/ manifold, and wiring harness for it to work right.

if you do go this route, I have a 96 jwt ecu for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts