The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JWT ECU in my 94 altima. The basic program, not turbo or nitrous. I am willing to trade for a working stock ECU and some cash. Best offer.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
how much are you talkin a/b? send me a pm b/c i am really on. is it an auto or manual? that is the question? i have a manual. . .

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it is for a 5-speed. The swap is going to be difficult to coordinate since I need a ECU for my car. Let me know where you are located.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 93 SE with a 5 speed, Will my computer work for you?

What kind of gains does your computer provide, and wht are you switching back?

·
enlarged member
417 Posts
Hey, I bought a JWT ECU for my automatic from someone on the boards, and it RULES!!! (Huge gains over the stock ECU with header and intake. I haven't tested it, but the seller claimed his car ran 15.90 with the ECU, verses 17.50 with the stock ECU (both runs with the header and intake))

FYI - A 93 and 94 should be the same, but accd to Nissan there were several different ECUs used even in 94 alone. To check compatibility, look on the top of the ECU for two large letters - compatible ECUs will have the same letters. (You should be able to see the top of the ECU without removing it. - Just pull one of the side panels at the front of the console by the footwell)

For example, my ECU had "Q B" in large (appx 1 inch) type, and then below had JA11D18 EB6.
EB6 was also on the side where the reset screw is.
The ECU I bought had the same "Q B" and the same number series.
I had no problems (and I still have my original ECU).
You might consider buying an ECU from Stealthmode and sending that to Sleeper, so nobody has to be down.

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
m springer said:
I haven't tested it, but the seller claimed his car ran 15.90 with the ECU, verses 17.50 with the stock ECU (both runs with the header and intake))[/i]
Those number seem a lil off to me but i hear it will make a difference if you have alot of mods... But does anyone know the difference between the jet and jwt ecu's?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will look at the ECU later today to see what letters are on it. I will also look for the production date of my car too for those interested.

I am thinking about waiting until I take my mustang out of storage so I don't have to worry about not having a car while the whole swap/shipping is going down.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for performance, I cannot answer any HP claims. When I put the ECU in I only had pulleys and an WAI. At that time I did notice the rev limiter was bumped up and no top speed cut-out, hit about 140mph (needle was in the 7 o'clock position).

Now I have cams, header, 2 1/4" exhaust, and the car holds it's own against the 3.0L maximas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look Seriously, How much Do U Want $ it And Why R U Gettin Rid OF It. Is IT FUBAR. I'm Not Driving for another monthso shippings not a problem. Ive Got a 93 SE with a 5-speed, LSD, 409 final drive, Auto Seat Belts. No HUD or Digital Climate Control

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am done racing my car and need some cash for a house. It is running in the car for the last 3 plus years. Want to trade for a 94 5-speed one.

·
Slow & Low
756 Posts
Let me know the info on the ECU and I can swing by and swap ECU's. If its just an even swap, I defenitely take it, just let me know. I work in Stratford so I'm not to far away

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
I believe and ODB1 5spd would work. Which is 93/94 but I'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts