The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about dropping a K&N filter into my 2.5S and am just wondering what kind of performance increase I can expect? I am assuming it would just be a couple of HP.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Shane

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
JUST BUY A wai from southwest auto works for like 60.00 and it will be better than removing the front scoop and having to tape the bottom of the air box. I did it and did not notice NO CHANGE. No way it gives you 5-7hp. The WAI on the other hand probably will.

·
Registered
48 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
JUST BUY A wai from southwest auto works for like 60.00 and it will be better than removing the front scoop and having to tape the bottom of the air box. I did it and did not notice NO CHANGE. No way it gives you 5-7hp. The WAI on the other hand probably will.
No doubt a cai is probably best, but you need not tape the bottom hole of the air box. Simply remove resonator that hole is connected to, and you'll get super increased air flow from bottom hole sucking air from isolated front fender area which is cold air. You can also leave front scoop on, and remove resonator and run your own hose down further to lower area of front fender open area, or turn fog light inlet into forced cold air inlet, providing you do not have the fog lights.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
I would definitely not tape the bottom of the air box but completely remove the resonator underneath if this was my only choice. You'll be getting more cold air flow underneath it It will definitely be a lot better than stock. But if you must, get a CAI!

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
BUY THE SWA WAI....if I had the choice between 50, or even 40 bucks for the K&N filter or 60 bucks for the SWA WAI, i'd definetely go SWA WAI. The K&N is such a waste and you barely feel any difference at all. It's mostly just louder, lol. Now, I love my Injen CAI tho. But if i couldn't have afforded it, I woulda gone for the SWA WAI. I bought a K&N filter third hand for 20 bucks(actually i still haven't paid, lol.) Thaibruin had it first, then he got the Injen CAI. Then Trippinsting had it and got an Injen CAI, then I had it, and got my Injen CAI. If I had paid, I would be mad at myself for wasting a good 20 bucks on that thing.

Now with all that said, the point was, if you can't afford to get a more expensive CAI or something, definetely go with the SouthWestAutoworks WAI!!!!!!!!!!!f

1 - 10 of 10 Posts