Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already priced doing an SR swap, and modifying my KA, and I can afford either one. I just want some oppinions of which would be a better engine to use for producing 300 whp. Thanks.

·
U13 Drifter
1,136 Posts
for 300whp i'd say ka, if you wanted 400+ i'd suggest SR , but then again i wouldn't want that much power in a FWD car anyways.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
Biohamhock said:
for 300whp i'd say ka, if you wanted 400+ i'd suggest SR
explain ur reasoning? with the ka, throw some forge piston and rods, plus the cast iron block. it'll take more boost than sr. along with alot more torque.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
Biohamhock said:
for 300whp i'd say ka, if you wanted 400+ i'd suggest SR , but then again i wouldn't want that much power in a FWD car anyways.
take one ride in my car and I'll completely change your mind about how "weak" the KA is compared to the SR. Lemme just put it this way, I changed several machinists and one shop owners minds about how better the KA is over the SR. Cast iron is vastly superior to the Aluminum, no warping and it can take boost like no one's buisness.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
ka! tq over hp anyday. and why would you want to DOWNgrade to an sr. its SMALLER. rev said it best.

·
Registered
120 Posts
you should go for the ka, I really thought it over which one should I do and came to the conclusion that it would be less work and less waiting to just boost the ka up and besides I have read of a, well the first to produce about 600 hp

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
i would say, if u are serious talk to the shop....

consider that 1) the sr engine is likely to be lighter, how much i dont know....

2) ka24det would prolly return the same power at less boost.... prolly less laggy at 300whp than a sr20det at the same...

weigh up the pros and cons.... if u want a quick performer that turns, take the sr.... the ka for power..... tho how much weight savings it would make andf how much of a difference pon the road, u would have to ask a pro......

cheers

joe

1 - 20 of 113 Posts