The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna do an oil change sooon and im wondering how many quarts does the engine take. thanks =D

·
Registered
14 Posts
gen2kalty said:
im gonna do an oil change sooon and im wondering how many quarts does the engine take. thanks =D
According to my owner manual (for 1999 Altima) it is 3 5/8 with filter.
I would look into your owner manual to be exact. It is important to have proper oil level in the engine. Overfill will cause seals to be blown and low level is not a good thing either.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
JGURU said:
I use about 4 1/2 everytime on the 2nd gen.
Dude, that is tooo much oil. Better be careful, and lookout for leaks.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
How do you claim that as being official? Everyone here has just said 3 or 4 different answers. What book do you have that makes it official?

·
I make it happen!
1,026 Posts
I used to have a job changing oil. And i had a computer that had all the info about pretty much every car on the road. Thats where i got it from. Oh and everytime i change my oil i put in 3.7 quarts and guess what it's on point everytime. So thats where i got the info and thats why it's official.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
FSM says 3-5/8 quarts. The owners manual says 4.1 quarts. Tell you the truth, I don't think Nissan knows!!!

·
"Mr.DxD"
53 Posts
3.8 quarts is spec on almost all nissan 4 bangers . Usually 4 if your using bottles do to not getting it all out . put 4 in it and your fine .

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah the info in that computer can be wrong i change oil of a quick lube be for and VW deals told us it was wrong same with toyota so do not realy go by that. its not in stone

1 - 20 of 27 Posts